1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

My Location feature in Car Dock - how launch stand-alone

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 2' started by Redflea, Oct 1, 2010.

1. Redflea

Redflea New Member

There's a "My Location" option in the stock car dock on the D2...I'd like to be able to add that to the car dock replacement I use (Custom Car Home) but don't see it as a shortcut or app...

It has one feature that I can't find anywhere else in Google Maps/Nav - it shows your speed and direction (e.g., 45 MPH N).

Can any of you figure out how access that view aside from within the stock car dock app?

Thanks!
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2010
  2. SPerry

SPerry New Member

My Tracks does it too
  3. Redflea

Redflea New Member

Thanks...so does GPS Status, which I have installed....but I'd like to get it integrated w/google maps/nav, the way it is in the My Location screen.

Just weird that Google hides getting to that feature (aside form the car dock).
  4. MrAreCool

MrAreCool New Member

Has anyone figured out a way to do this yet? I have been trying to accomplish the same thing with no success...

I would also love to have the speed displayed in the turn-by-turn navigation area, and have the My Location screen that we are talking about in this thread have some darker colors for nighttime driving.