Sdcard = external sd card?

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
When looking at my folders on my computer, I only see "sdcard", no external sdcard. Is that the same?

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
yes. it's implied since its not inside the computer.

OP
BenLand150

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks. Wonder why I can't find update.zip in my sdcard from recovery, then..

RadzPrower

Reaction score
Depends on how you're looking. Not sure about ADB, but if you're going through Windows Explorer two drives actually show up. One for MOT and the other is a generic removable drive.

In the root though, the folder name should be sdcard-ext or something like that.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

RadzPrower

Reaction score
Can't from Windows Explorer and I don't use ADB since I can't get the JDK and all that jazz installed on my computer. I use ES File Explorer to copy anything to and from root and the sd card.

OP
BenLand150

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Can't from Windows Explorer and I don't use ADB since I can't get the JDK and all that jazz installed on my computer. I use ES File Explorer to copy anything to and from root and the sd card.

Ohh, so​I need to download that to get to it?

RadzPrower

Reaction score
Won't do you any good unless you've rooted your phone. Sounds like your best bet is simple storage mode on the phone and the MOT and removable drive method. If those two things are not showing up, you have a driver issue...or a faulty or non-existant SD card...

OP
BenLand150

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Won't do you any good unless you've rooted your phone. Sounds like your best bet is simple storage mode on the phone and the MOT and removable drive method. If those two things are not showing up, you have a driver issue...or a faulty or non-existant SD card...

My phone is rooted. And I downloaded the app, but don't know what to do from there.

And my sd-card works fine.. mainly all of my stuff is stored on there. But when connecting to my computer, I can't find sdcard-ext in Moto (f) or in removable disk f. Only "sdcard".

mrcastillo

Reaction score
connect the phone to computer then on usb connection pick usb mass storage to see both drives(sdcards) on windows explorer

OP
BenLand150

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I see removable disk, and MOT. I go into both of em.. removable disk shows sdcard but not sdcard-ext. MOT doesn't have either.
I try putting update.zip into sdcard, it doesn't show up in recovery. I tried and create my on sdcard-ext and add update.zip, still no luck.

So, I'm just gonna guess for whatever reason, I don't have it, even though my sdcard works just fine. Most of my apps are stored in that rather then the internal storage. I'll just have to wait for the OTA push itself I guess. But thanks for the help.

mrcastillo

Reaction score
do U have root explorer? if U do just go into sdcard n copy update.zip to sdcard-ext. then reboot into recovery n U'll see it

mrcastillo

Reaction score
do U have root explorer? if U do just go into sdcard n copy update.zip to sdcard-ext. then reboot into recovery n U'll see it

removable disk is actually ur sdcard-ext on W E so just put the update.zip there n ur reary to go

rvcjew

Reaction score
connect the phone to computer then on usb connection pick usb mass storage to see both drives(sdcards) on windows explorer
this^ when u put the file at highest lvl (root) of the removable device it should show up in recovery. Your going past the android with the ! right? Also, you are flashing the OTA? edit: forum didn't show me second page o_O disregard me.

Last edited:

RadzPrower

Reaction score
Those are your internal memory and SD card. MOT is internal and the other is your SD card.