Moving apps to external memory

Lorek

Reaction score
How do I move apps to the external sd card? I have a 16 gb card instal but I not move it to my external card.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Silver Member
Reaction score
apps can only be moved to the "sdcard" storage, which is the internal memory. 16GB Should be enough for any app in the market.

cyber3dx

Reaction score
I'm confused. My D1 had the option of moving apps from the internal memory to the SDcard. Are you saying the D3 can not move apps from the internal SDCARD to the SDCARD_EXT?

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
I'm confused. My D1 had the option of moving apps from the internal memory to the SDcard. Are you saying the D3 can not move apps from the internal SDCARD to the SDCARD_EXT?

Your D1 had 256 Meg of app storage and a 16 Gig external SD card (for user created files, pictures, etc....Apps2SD allowed moving apps to /sdcard).

Your D3 has 2 gig of app storage and built in 16 Gig of storage mounted as SD Card (that 16 gig is for user created files, pictures, music, etc...). You can move files to it like Apps2SD because to the system it is the /sdcard. Adding a user purchased/installed SDCARD is mounted as /SD-EXT and is ONLY for user created data (pictures, music, etc..).