How to make internal SD CARD behave like external Sd card

Deepansh

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Micromax Canvas Turbo A250
I have Micromax canvas turbo A250, and there is NO external storage option(no sd card) but there is internal sd card with 16gb of memory that cannot be expanded/removed. Please do not confuse it with internal memory.

Now the problem is, when I rooted my phone, I moved all apps to internal sd card from internal memory. But, when I downloaded a custom rom for my phone, it seems it does not detect my internal sd card and there is no option to move any app to internal sd card. I've also tried 3rd party apps, they also do not seem to work. I figured out the only problem that can be is this that the custom rom does not detect the internal sd card but only detects external sd card. How can I make my internal sd card behave like external Sd card? Please can anyone help? I don't want to revert back to stock rom.

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
Please do not confuse it with internal memory

I'll try but it may not be possible. Early on in Android phones when there were no microSD card slots the internal memory was one storage device that was partitioned in such a way as to make it look like internal and external, but it wasn't. It still was only one storage device. While I understand that my explanation does nothing to solve the problem you are having I do think that the ROM is the problem and simply can't see that second partition. Especially if it was based on KitKat.

OP
D

Deepansh

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
You're exactly correct! It IS based on kitkat! So is it possible that I can make the ROM see the partition or do I have to make more partition(s)?
Any information is helpful, thank you.

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
I wish I had an answer. There may be a way when rooted but it may depend on the ROM. Since the partitioned storage is an older technology you may want to ping the ROM devs.

P

promo87

I have Micromax canvas turbo A250, and there is NO external storage option(no sd card) but there is internal sd card with 16gb of memory that cannot be expanded/removed. Please do not confuse it with internal memory.

Now the problem is, when I rooted my phone, I moved all apps to internal sd card from internal memory. But, when I downloaded a custom rom for my phone, it seems it does not detect my internal sd card and there is no option to move any app to internal sd card. I've also tried 3rd party apps, they also do not seem to work. I figured out the only problem that can be is this that the custom rom does not detect the internal sd card but only detects external sd card. How can I make my internal sd card behave like external Sd card? Please can anyone help? I don't want to revert back to stock rom.

Well, I didn't get that actually how can you store the application over your device if the internal storage is not detected ??

OP
D

Deepansh

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Well, I didn't get that actually how can you store the application over your device if the internal storage is not detected ??
It is not detecting my internal SD card, but it is detecting my internal storage. I've downloaded very few applications so far because i always get low on internal storage. However, I have about 8 GB free on internal SD card. Please do not get confused between internal storage and internal SD card.

P

promo87

It is not detecting my internal SD card, but it is detecting my internal storage. I've downloaded very few applications so far because i always get low on internal storage. However, I have about 8 GB free on internal SD card. Please do not get confused between internal storage and internal SD card.

I am sorry I am still confused can't get an idea actually what you are trying to establish ! :(

nomz

Reaction score
I guess his issue is the internal memory for apps. Thts an issue with loads of mtk devices which have multiple storages as Internal storage. Within these you have storage restrictions for apps and data. Eg: 1gb for apps and remaining for data.
That's where the system shows low memory for apps to install or update.
I guess u look for a new ROM or else use a 3rd party app or PC app to move to SD internally.
Moborobo is 1 such software u can try on PC to move
Hope this helps