SD card

rungesco

Reaction score
My phone keeps freezing when i have my SD card in. is there a way to wipe the SD card to see if that fixes the problem?

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I did that. I put the card in a usb card reader and reformatted it (after making a full backup on the pc) and then put everything back on the SDcard. The only thing I remember that could be a stumbling block was a warning to not assign a "name" to the sdcard during the formatting process.

Good luck.

jaw4bama

Reaction score
If you do not want to keep anything on the SD card, you can format it while it is still in the phone. Settings->SD Card & phone storage->then you will have to unmount the SD card and then Format the SD card. After this just click mount SD card to get the phone to see the SD card again.

roxybuddy

Reaction score
Using an HTC Incredible since September 2010. Looked at my phone yesterday morning and my phone says "sd card unexpectedly removed" even though its still in. I tried to get the files off the SD card with my laptop but was unable to (but I may not be doing the right thing). Need help! Thanks to whoever can help me.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you can to a minisd to sdcard converter and connect it directly into a media card reader, you may be able to get some data off of it. Sounds like your phone took a dislike to it. Could be a bad port in the phone if its not mounting to your computer through the phone either.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Your card might have fried. It happens. What Guidot suggested is good, but I'd suggest you also try it in another phone if you have one.

Try reseating the card, hitting the contacts GENTLY with a toothbrush, and if you still can't get it to read I'm afraid you've lost your data on the card.

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
you can also dl that sdrescan app that supposedly repairs SD Cards....it worked once for me out of 5 SD Cards that I tried to repair.

Dolfns99

Reaction score
I was just curious on how to delete all files off sd card and start from scratch.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

cowsquad

Reaction score
I was just curious on how to delete all files off sd card and start from scratch.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Go to settings - sd card settiing - unmount sd card, one is mounted hit the option - format sd card, that will delete all data from your sd card

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

she_angel

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if the deleted messages goes on the SD card and if so can they be recovered. Deleted some very important messages by accident and I need them back

Ansa82

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what size SD card comes with the Bionic? Thanks

TatDroid

Reaction score
16GB internal and 16GB microSD card preinstalled. Max microSD card supported is 32GB.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums