"SD Card removed. Insert another one."

Allnicksgone

Reaction score
I just got the phone delivered 2 hours ago. I have an error message saying "SD card removed. Insert a new one."

I took the battery out, took the card out, reinserted both, still same error message. I tried the card in my computer, it reads fine. I put a different sd card in from another phone, the droid still does not detect it.

Do I need a replacement phone already?

cgrimm9

Reaction score
most likley sometimes taking a pensil eraser to the contacts of the sd card will get any oil off them and that may get it to work. but sounds like you need to call verizon up/

Reaction score
most likley sometimes taking a pensil eraser to the contacts of the sd card will get any oil off them and that may get it to work. but sounds like you need to call verizon up/

If not that, a paper towel lightly wet with rubbing alcohol will work better. Let the chip dry (alcohol evaporate) before putting it back in.

cgrimm9

Reaction score

If not that, a paper towel lightly wet with rubbing alcohol will work better. Let the chip dry (alcohol evaporates) before putting it back in.

you be amazed on how much crap could be on those contacts of those sd cards. its kinda back in the nintendo days where you had to blow on the cartridge to work. I found it better to clean them with earswabs and alcohol lasted longer.

OP
A

Allnicksgone

Reaction score
Contacts on SD cards are clean. All three work on other devices except the Droid X. Guess I'll have to contact Verizon :(

Reaction score
Contacts on SD cards are clean. All three work on other devices except the Droid X. Guess I'll have to contact Verizon :(

Try cleaning it with alcohol first. You would be surprised at how devices differ in their sensitivity to things like processing oils and other junk.

Edit: You could also try formatting it or checking it for errors with Windows or whatever OS you use. I formatted mine out of the box before I turned on the phone.

OP
A

Allnicksgone

Reaction score

Try cleaning it with alcohol first. You would be surprised at how devices differ in their sensitivity to things like processing oils and other junk.

Edit: You could also try formatting it or checking it for errors with Windows or whatever OS you use. I formatted mine out of the box before I turned on the phone.

Thanks, tried it already. Didn't work.

Lightninrod

Reaction score
All I get is "Memory card missing. Insert memory card."

Got a new card from VZW and still get the same message. My local store tech to get a new X......

OP
A

Allnicksgone

Reaction score
I just got the phone delivered 2 hours ago. I have an error message saying "SD card removed. Insert a new one."

I took the battery out, took the card out, reinserted both, still same error message. I tried the card in my computer, it reads fine. I put a different sd card in from another phone, the droid still does not detect it.

Do I need a replacement phone already?

Just got off the phone with Verizon. They are shipping me a new X.