Hey .. My SD card says blank.....

prodjbm

Reaction score
Don't know what happened nut I have an erroe message at the top that says SD card blank or unsupported format all of a sudded. I put card in puter and still nothing. I'm guessing my card took a dumo? I can't believe that I just lost everything on my card. Anyone else have this problem before?

Jhem812

Reaction score
Mine crapped yesterday too. Everything seemed ok and then without warning, blank. Now I got an excuse to get the 32gb. :)

DKG

Reaction score
Are we supposed to be backing the SD card up? how do we do that?

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Are we supposed to be backing the SD card up? how do we do that?
I have backups of my SD card stored on my computer hard drive. Just copy the entire folder from the SD Card to a folder on your computer.

KHeeney5

Reaction score
This happened to me too! It happens a lot... I took it to Verizon and they warrenteed me out a new one.

fatpomp

Reaction score
Same thing happened to me. Mine was a no name card made in korea. I read in another thread those were failing on everyone. I took it to Verizon and told them to give me a sandisk card.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

KHeeney5

Reaction score
Same thing happened to me. Mine was a no name card made in korea. I read in another thread those were failing on everyone. I took it to Verizon and told them to give me a sandisk card.

That's what I got. :icon_ banana:

sttlnb53

Reaction score
Just happened to me today too. I was just about to create a post and saw this one. I didn't lose everything though...just pictures and videos that I had saved from a previous phone. I am not positive but I think it hapened just after I unmounted and remounted my sd card in settings.

Jhem812

Reaction score
I called verizon and they said I would have to bring the phone and memory card in to get it replaced. Im rooted running Liberty. How much hassle is it going back to stock? Is it even worth it? You would think they could just check the card and see its dead. I told them I was using an 8gb card for now to get me by so its not the phone. :icon_evil:

OP
P

prodjbm

Reaction score
I will start backing my SD card up now thats for sure. Also called verizon and they said to go into store and they will give me a new one. They were going to ship one but no wharehouses had one. I'm not rooted so I'm gonna go in and gett he new one.

KHeeney5

Reaction score
Guys, no reason should they make you give the phone back. Tell them that you've tried another memory card and it worked, so you just need a new card. That's what I did and they didn't ask questions. Heck, the sales tech was admiring my X for being rooted and running ApeX, no questions asked! They just walked back into the storage room, grabbed a brand new, packaged, scandisk vcast 16gb card, and gave it to me!

erict

Reaction score
Guys, no reason should they make you give the phone back. Tell them that you've tried another memory card and it worked, so you just need a new card. That's what I did and they didn't ask questions. Heck, the sales tech was admiring my X for being rooted and running ApeX, no questions asked! They just walked back into the storage room, grabbed a brand new, packaged, scandisk vcast 16gb card, and gave it to me!

Will they do this for the full 12 month warranty?

KHeeney5

Reaction score
I had my phone for 40-50 days and that's what they did. The sales tech made it seem like it had been happening a lot, and they didn't know why.

Reaction score
No need to take it into the store even. Keep calling back until you get someone who will send you out a replacement.

I called Motorola and they sent me out a new 16GB class 2 noname card. I called Verizon (after talking with 3 different people) and got someone who was able to send out a 16GB Class 4 Sandisk, complete with the adapters and everything. They can do it over the phone, you just have to get the right person.