1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

DX ate my SD card

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid X' started by Domestic violence, Dec 26, 2010.

1. Domestic violence

Domestic violence Member

How common of a problem is this? No apps on sd card, card never removed from phone, suddenly out of nowhere sd is showing as blank/corrupted file. Couldn't format.... nothing. Lost 300+ pictures.

VZW didn't have any 16gb cards in stock so they're shipping one to me. In the meantime, they "loaned" a 16gb card to me from what they said was a new DX. Riiight.

Anyway- what causes this and how common is it?
  2. Jessesmith888

Jessesmith888 New Member

It happened to my x, as well as a coworkers. Not sure why. I was able to reformat by taking the card out and using a computer, SD adapter. Hasn't happened again yet and hope it stays like that. I did learn to backup pictures after that. Lost some good ones too

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App
  3. Vulcan1600

Vulcan1600 DF Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

My D1 SD card has come up corrupted twice in the past 12 months. Both times I took the SD card out of the phone, put it in a microSD USB and into my computer. I was still able to see everything on the card, so I backed it all up to the computer, then put the SD Card back in my D1 and formatted it. Once formatted I was able to move everything I had backed up onto the card. Maybe that will work for you also.
  4. New2u

New2u DF Super Moderator

Same thing that happened to me and a friend, for us it was easy fix. hope its that easy for you guys.
Search tags for this page

micro sd card in phone suddenly become blank