DX ate my SD card

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid X' started by Domestic violence, Dec 26, 2010.

1. Domestic violence

Domestic violence Member

Ratings:
    +12
    How common of a problem is this? No apps on sd card, card never removed from phone, suddenly out of nowhere sd is showing as blank/corrupted file. Couldn't format.... nothing. Lost 300+ pictures.

VZW didn't have any 16gb cards in stock so they're shipping one to me. In the meantime, they "loaned" a 16gb card to me from what they said was a new DX. Riiight.

Anyway- what causes this and how common is it?

2. Jessesmith888

Jessesmith888 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    It happened to my x, as well as a coworkers. Not sure why. I was able to reformat by taking the card out and using a computer, SD adapter. Hasn't happened again yet and hope it stays like that. I did learn to backup pictures after that. Lost some good ones too

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

3. Vulcan1600

Vulcan1600 DF Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +224
    My D1 SD card has come up corrupted twice in the past 12 months. Both times I took the SD card out of the phone, put it in a microSD USB and into my computer. I was still able to see everything on the card, so I backed it all up to the computer, then put the SD Card back in my D1 and formatted it. Once formatted I was able to move everything I had backed up onto the card. Maybe that will work for you also.

4. New2u

New2u DF Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +24
    Same thing that happened to me and a friend, for us it was easy fix. hope its that easy for you guys.

Search tags for this page

micro sd card in phone suddenly become blank