Hey .. My SD card says blank.....

dmichelr

Reaction score
I just went to verizon store, told them my card failed, popped my card out, and they gave me a brand new sandisk card, no questions asked. I'm rooted running liberty, but they never even asked for the phone, just the card and my mobile number...... took a whopping 3 minutes, a lot easier than doing it over the phone.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

KHeeney5

Reaction score
That's how it was for me. Good customer service. No questions asked.

I just went to verizon store, told them my card failed, popped my card out, and they gave me a brand new sandisk card, no questions asked. I'm rooted running liberty, but they never even asked for the phone, just the card and my mobile number...... took a whopping 3 minutes, a lot easier than doing it over the phone.

Sent from my DROIDX

Jhem812

Reaction score
That's how it was for me. Good customer service. No questions asked.

Sent from my DROIDX

No such luck for me. I was given the number for Sandisk to call and ask for a replacement. The card was not manufactured by Sandisk. Me and the verizon rep went back and forth for about a half hour before I got upset and left. Called SanDisk and they confirmed it wasn’t their card. I called verizon explained the whole incident to the rep and she said they would send out a replacement but I would have to send back the dead card. Hopefully the card is truly dead because it did have some very revealing photos and videos on it. :wacko:

StormyHeather

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S21
Twitter
GAPeachHeather
Thanks to this thread, I went ahead and copied my SD card to my computer.

When I first connected the the computer, it read that the SD card wasn't formatted. Luckily, I unhooked it and hooked it back up and was able to move the files.

So, I'm all set for my SD card to fail! :icon_ banana: I've got it all backed up.

emagid

Reaction score
SD Card blank or has unsupported filesystem PLEASE HELP!!!

My verizon Droid X is not backed up because I had so much trouble getting it to communicate with my Mac. My sd card has the first year of my daughters life including first steps. I know it is crazy it's not backed up but it isn't. I am not sure why but all of a sudden my phone has the message "SD Card blank or has unsupported filesystem" and everything is gone. I am panicking I NEED to recover this card please someone tell me it is possible.
I took it to a camera store to try to have them back up the card but their reader did not even see the card.

HELP ME!!!

KHeeney5

Reaction score
You are the same as everyone else in this thread. There is nothing you can do.

My verizon Droid X is not backed up because I had so much trouble getting it to communicate with my Mac. My sd card has the first year of my daughters life including first steps. I know it is crazy it's not backed up but it isn't. I am not sure why but all of a sudden my phone has the message "SD Card blank or has unsupported filesystem" and everything is gone. I am panicking I NEED to recover this card please someone tell me it is possible.
I took it to a camera store to try to have them back up the card but their reader did not even see the card.

HELP ME!!!

Sent from my DROIDX

emagid

Reaction score
What about data recovery companies? I found one called Drive Savers Data Recovery. Is it possible that the data is still there at a deeper level?

iceman373

Reaction score
Mine died today...replaced with a sandisk under warranty.....

Domestic violence

Reaction score
Same thing happened to me. Lost about 300 pics. Luckily I was overnighted a new card and given a loaner in the meantime from a local vzw store.

Reaction score
My card did exactly the same thing yesterday. It was fine all day and then when I went to make a call in the middle of the day I seen the error on the notification bar. I had been meaning to back it all up for a couple of weeks now but of course not got around to it. The only thing that I really cared about was my photos but not much I can do now. I called Verizon and they are sending me out a replace card no questions asked. I don't even have to send in the bad card. The lady told me to just throw it away although I think I will hang on to it just in case they happen to want it back and she was wrong.

Reaction score
As I stated above my card did the same thing and Verizon was suppose send me a new card. Well it never came so I called them back today and they said that the order was canceled by a supervisor. What? I asked why didn't anyone tell me and the rep didn't know. He said that it is a Motorola issues and I should have called them but he was going to overnight me a card to keep me happy. Oh well at least I am suppose to be getting my card.

garath

Reaction score
Mine died shortly before xmas. I simply took the phone to the verizon store, they tested the card and pronounced it dead and gave me a replacement. Good customer service. Sucks the card died though. I had quite a few pictures from a trip that I wish I would have backed up.