Screenshots of peoples Droid desktops?

Graymayre

Reaction score
Ok, I see how you did it now. With a time live wallpaper with the photoshopped frame and your columns and rows set high so you can drop the icons right on it? Replacing your dockbar images with your gimped ones. Very creative, I give you points for that. Very original

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

You pretty much nailed it. The dockbar text is also photoshopped on so I could place them exactly how I want them....but still functional as shortcuts.

I decided to make my icons within the picture frame, here's the result:

snap20110426_093415.png

Interesting to discover that you can actually have a shortcut without an image, so that you can make a background with whatever you want with whatever images and all you have to do is configure the desktop to have the shortcuts in the general area of the images. Im gonna try something like that, where can I get that time live wallpaper to play with?

mkcm97

Reaction score
Ok, I see how you did it now. With a time live wallpaper with the photoshopped frame and your columns and rows set high so you can drop the icons right on it? Replacing your dockbar images with your gimped ones. Very creative, I give you points for that. Very original

You pretty much nailed it. The dockbar text is also photoshopped on so I could place them exactly how I want them....but still functional as shortcuts.

I decided to make my icons within the picture frame, here's the result:

snap20110426_093415.png

Interesting to discover that you can actually have a shortcut without an image, so that you can make a background with whatever you want with whatever images and all you have to do is configure the desktop to have the shortcuts in the general area of the images. Im gonna try something like that, where can I get that time live wallpaper to play with?

I think that's just a clock widget, not a time live wallpaper.... and yeah, we've been embedding stuff in wallpaper for a bit now actually, it's much easier to arrange stuff and what not. it's definitely worth a try.

Manigma77

Reaction score
More shots, still refining my theme, love red/black/gloss etc, if u couldnt tell in earlier shots.

483382c1-7662-2ee8.jpg
483382c1-7680-a5f5.jpg
483382c1-7698-235e.jpg
483382c1-771a-da5e.jpg

Last edited:

hailtothetheif83

Reaction score

pbrewer81

Reaction score
"Ni"

The usual suspects for this set up. Heavily influenced by the work of the guys over at CustomAndroid.net

Last edited:

Laur3nNewm4n

Reaction score
How do people get their widgets (for example, clock widget and a weather widget) to overlap? I'm using ADW.Ex, if that helps. I've tried playing with settings in that and resizing things on my home screens, but nothing works.

Graymayre

Reaction score
Just something simple, no photoshop or anything. I've just got the setting set to swipe up the apps without a button.