Screenshots of peoples Droid desktops?

alonsou

Reaction score
Quick help question...I followed all the directions in the MOD thread about how to swap the slider png's from your sdcard to the /res folder in the Widgetlocker apk. It still isnt overwriting in root explorer, I'm in r/w mode and the permissions on the apk won't stay the way i was told to check them off.

If anyone can help me with this solution, please PM me or just reply with a step by step.

Thanks, help will be greatly appreciated.

I can give you an step by step using APK manager if that's what you want, I did give it a chance at root explorer to no avail, so let me know and I'll write up something quick for you.

That would be great...I have installed APK manager on the windows side of my Macbook pro, and I'm not very familiar with adb yet.

Ok.

1.- Place your stock APK on the "modding" folder
2.- Run the Script
3.- Press any key
4.- Select your APK number (usually #1 if you have only one APK inside the modding folder)
5.- Press 1 again to extract it
6.- Go to the folder project/your APK goes here name/res/drawable ......
7.- Select your PNG's to modify
8.- After you are okay with the modding of the PNG's renamed them exactly as they were before.
9.- Put them back on the /drawable folder
10.- Back to the script and press 3 follow by 2 and then 1 to sign the APK
11.- Put it back to your SD and install like any other APK.

I don't think I'm missing anything here, but if somebody can chime in anything will be great too.

Jswerv3

Reaction score
droidtop.png

mkcm97

Reaction score
here's today's effort..., i've been in a bad mood lately so im trying to make something more colorful to cheer me up.

harrellj

Reaction score

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
Quick help question...I followed all the directions in the MOD thread about how to swap the slider png's from your sdcard to the /res folder in the Widgetlocker apk. It still isnt overwriting in root explorer, I'm in r/w mode and the permissions on the apk won't stay the way i was told to check them off.

If anyone can help me with this solution, please PM me or just reply with a step by step.

Thanks, help will be greatly appreciated.

Use APKManager. Moving it to /system/app wont do a lot of good but a lot of the time, not all, but most, the unsigned mod will disappear on boot.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
He has to press 22 before he can select the APK and he selects option 4 to sign it, not 1:)

I can give you an step by step using APK manager if that's what you want, I did give it a chance at root explorer to no avail, so let me know and I'll write up something quick for you.

That would be great...I have installed APK manager on the windows side of my Macbook pro, and I'm not very familiar with adb yet.

Ok.

2.- Run the Script
3.- Press any key
4.- Select your APK number (usually #1 if you have only one APK inside the modding folder)
8.- After you are okay with the modding of the PNG's renamed them exactly as they were before.

I don't think I'm missing anything here, but if somebody can chime in anything will be great too.

alonsou

Reaction score
He has to press 22 before he can select the APK and he selects option 4 to sign it, not 1:)

Ok.

2.- Run the Script
3.- Press any key

See .... figuring out instructions while not at the computer its kind of hard and sometimes I make mistakes ... lol :icon_eek: Thanks bud, you are right 22 & 4

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
It's all good:)

Ok.

2.- Run the Script
3.- Press any key

See .... figuring out instructions while not at the computer its kind of hard and sometimes I make mistakes ... lol :icon_eek: Thanks bud, you are right 22 & 4

timrock

Reaction score