Screen/Warranty Issue

woody81490

Reaction score
Alright so earlier today I dropped my Droid about 2 feet onto carpet and now the screen will not display anything, however i can still unlock it and call people with Voice Actions, keyboard lights up and so do the 4 buttons etc. . . I am currently rooted and i am wondering if there is a way to unroot while "blinded" before going into Verizon? Does anyone have the sequence of steps written out? Or will i be fine because if i cant see anything they cant see its rooted either. Ive pulled the battery multiple times and done everything i can.
Anyone had this problem before or found solution???
I appreciate any help!

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
2 feet onto carpet and it doesn't turn on? Guess you hit in the right spot, mine survived a 3ft drop onto carpet.

I don't know if you'll be able to unroot since it seems your screen shorted out. I guess you could tell verizon the screen suddenly stopped working?

googlelover

Reaction score
to unroot it you dont have to see your screen at all, do you know how to use RSD lite and how to load a clean stock sbf file onto your phone using it? its simple and you dont have to see your screen. I'll explain in greater detail if you don't know it. Side note: i feel bad for you my droid falls off my 2 foot bed every other night and its fine, ive actually dropped it 3-4+ feet onto carpet to prove the things pretty tough to friends.

OP
W

woody81490

Reaction score
Well no my screen is back up and working for some reason, but my headphone jack is messed up so its still going back to verizon. I am not familiar with that program but i was planning on using this
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/re...ck-2-2-without-sbf-rsd-lite-droid-1-only.html

However i began to use terminal emulator to remove superuser and now its apparently gone and i cannot give permissions to any apps( cant use rom manager to reboot into recovery)
Any idea how i can get superuser to ask for permissions again?

googlelover

Reaction score
You don't need to, to get into recovery turn off your phone, and then hold x and power your phone back up while holding x. it will boot into recovery.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I recommend you unroot with rsd lite then you don't have to worry about making sure its unrooted. Easiest way imo

Sent from my Droid Incredible using DroidForums App

ChevyNexus

Reaction score
I drop my phone a lot, hard wood floors even, no case an I've only had an issue one time where my screen didn't kick on. It upset me an I kinda sorta punched the screen, well idk what I hit ,but the screen kicked back on. Haha just thought it worth mentioning

OP
W

woody81490

Reaction score
I am unable to boot into recovery when I hold x and power. Tried at least ten times. Anyway to 'force' recovery? Also will rsd work if I have a Mac ?