Black Droid Screen & Rooted

w0lfinator

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone has ever had this happen or knows the answer..

I am rooted with Bugless Beast .5.

I dropped my phone earlier this week and the screen went black for about 6 hours(with continuous battery pulls), yet I could still unlock the screen(without seeing what I was doing). Eventually it ended up working later in the day, full visual and everything..

Last night, I dropped my phone again(not sure what the hell is wrong with me..) and the screen went black again.. Only this time, I cannot unlock anything. The 4 soft buttons still vibrate, but nothing on the actual screen does.

I am wondering if Verizon will be able to tell if this is rooted since I am still under my warranty.. I cannot access the SD since I cannot touch the screen, but my computer does recognize that the USB is plugged in.

If VZW can tell and won't replace it, then I will just have to deal with Best Buy's ****ty Insurance program(so I do have a backup plan).

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You can still unroot without seeing the screen if you use link 2 in my sig

OP
W

w0lfinator

Reaction score
Tallica,

thanks a million for that link, unfortunately I cannot get my model to show up in RSD.. I have tried both devideID options and neither seem to bring up my model.. Do you have any suggestions, I can't tell if I am at Bootloader or not since the screen is off..

The MotoConnect brings up a bunch of different bubbles saying it is connected, etc.. but I still never get the model to show.

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
RSD can be picky, if you've tried connecting and re connecting after trying to get to the bootloader screen, the only other thing I can suggest is to use link 4 in my sig, what recovery do you have? You would need screen shots of the recovery menus (to know how many times to press each button) and can mount your sd card from recovery to load the file. If this won't work the phone might be dead.

OP
W

w0lfinator

Reaction score
The only problem with this method is that I don't know how to get the Stock update onto my SD Card...

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You can mount your sd card from recovery, it's under partitions>enable usb storage

OP
W

w0lfinator

Reaction score
Jesus..this is going to be difficult.. I can't tell if it is at the root screen or not..

I think Partitions is 6 down from the top, but i can't find any screen shots for the following screen(s)...

Thanks so much for your help so far!

OP
W

w0lfinator

Reaction score
Will they be able to tell it is rooted in this scenario?? I literally can't view anything and the buttons don't seem to function properly.. I don't think this thing ever gets into the bootloader or recovery screens, because I can turn it off(or bring up the option to turn it off) by holding down power.. When I hold down power it buzzes, then I have to keep moving with the d-pad and hitting the center of the d-pad to actually turn it off.. It is so messed up haha..

OP
W

w0lfinator

Reaction score
Just an FYI for anyone who has this issue... Just take it to Verizon, the guy didn't even test out the phone by plugging it in, etc.. He just gave me a new one..

I am very pleased..

Thanks for the help anyway, Tallica.