Warranty Issue?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've got a Droid 2 coming in will be here in 2 days, but I'm wondering about my current Droid. It seems 2.2 may have brought a camera bug where in dim light you can't see anything through the screen.

I have a 1 year warranty on this Droid, regardless of whether it's my active phone or not. Since not everybody is reporting this issue should I take it back to Verizon? Maybe get a refurb replacement?

It's back to stock now. Wonder if they would do that for me?

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hook, anytime I have an issue with something that I paid good money for I expect the company to be fully responsible for anything that falls within the warranty guidelines they set in place at the time of purchase.

Droid 2 coming or not, I would take it to Verizon and express my frustrations in a kindly manner and expect some resolution...it is still your phone and should work properly whether it's your primary device or not

OP
hookbill

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I just didn't realize until I read that other thread that this was an issue. I guess not everybody is having a problem, but I sure am. I was trying to take pictures of my black cats in dim light last night. I got a couple of shots but most were horrible.

R

RETG

Its under warranty, it is a legitimate problem, get it replaced. Having another Droid 2 should not be a factor; whether it is your main phone or not. If you want to sell the Droid after receipt of the 2 then you want all functions working to get top dollar. If you want to keep it for a backup, you want all functions to work.
Similar to a vehicle. A few years ago, I purchased a new Hummer, when it came in, I dropped off my old Hummer (that I was going to sell to a friend) and had them do some warranty work and drove my new Hummer while the work was being performed, so the purchaser would have a vehicle all fixed. Same with a phone or any item.
Get it fixed replaced.dancedroid