ghost screen

DROIDpfft

Reaction score
I have a problem with taking my phone out of my pocket and when I go to use it I can't even unlock it. But it will unlock itself and start pressing every possible inch of the screen. Like ghost buttons and I cant do anything with the phone. This problem happens almost daily.. anyone else have a similar problem? I have original moto droid

PickYourKing

Reaction score
this just started happening to me too. any help would be so appreciated.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
have you tried restarting the phone? a battery pull maybe?

when i was unrooted i never had this problem.

edit: i just rooted last monday. so i was running stock 2.1 since then

AzJazz

Reaction score
I have a problem with taking my phone out of my pocket and when I go to use it I can't even unlock it. But it will unlock itself and start pressing every possible inch of the screen. Like ghost buttons and I cant do anything with the phone. This problem happens almost daily.. anyone else have a similar problem? I have original moto droid

This is apparently becoming a common problem. I have a friend who saw this happen as well.

You may want to check this out: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...s-your-moto-droid-act-like-its-possessed.html

TRACKERFOUR

Reaction score
More Ghost Touch

Two days ago the ghost hit my droid 1 (Android 2.1) w/ stock Verizon screen protector. Visible phantom touchscreen actions from self initiating unlock swipes to auto calling and even market opening and auto install an ap (failed). Took scaled action of resets, battery out, aps removal, protected outside comlionks to prevent contact list corruption and auto email attacks, low temp drying, finally factory default hard reset...still haunted. Verizon Tech interventions x 2...finally a senior sales rep overhearing my plite just told the tech to replace it, because it had become unstable, like this was a relatively common event.
When the order was being processed, the rep noticed at first that all droid referb units were out of stock, then after waiting 10 min the system approved an order to be filled from another 1,000 units just arrived... Sure sound like business as usual. Lets see how the replacement performs. Fortunately the screen protector pack came with 3. One down, two to go.