Amazon Kindle Warranty?

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
So does anyone know if jailbreaking a Kindle 3 voids the warranty? I dropped mine about 2 feet earlier and now the screen wont turn on. Its jailbroken but the only thing that I've done is changed out the screensaver images.

Edit: The charging light turns on when plugged in but my computer doesnt recognize it.

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Didn't know you could do this, but i'm not sure. Wife has one i'll try to find the paperwork.

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
This limited warranty applies only to hardware components of the Device that are not subject to accident, misuse, neglect, fire or other external causes, alterations, repair, or commercial use.

It says nothing about software here. But who knows.

OP
13th angel

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Exactly..... was seeing if anyone had any experience with it. Oh well, if they dont replace it I'll live..... maybe..... Will deffinately be going through withdrawals lol. I got it for my bday in November and have used it pretty much every day since.

OP
13th angel

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Right so this is some BS...... called today about getting it replaced (kept forgetting/putting it off) and apparently it voids the warranty... Even though it says nothing about software in the warranty..... Theyll still replace but they charge a fee to.

Frozztastic

Reaction score
Fight it. Quote the warranty to them, and climb the ladder of peons til you find someone that can help.

OP
13th angel

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Fight it. Quote the warranty to them, and climb the ladder of peons til you find someone that can help.

My moms bf is the one that has to take care of it since its linked to his account and he has this "I make more money in the time im argueing than it costs so ill just pay" attitude. However, I gotta pay him back -.-

Sent from an Angelic D2G