Amazon Selling 1 Million+ Kindle Devices Each Week; Boosted By New Kindle Fire

Discussion in 'Android News' started by dgstorm, Dec 16, 2011.

1. dgstorm

dgstorm Editor in Chief Staff Member Premium Member

[​IMG]

Not only has the Kindle Fire been a resounding success for Amazon, but apparently, its success has greatly enhanced their Kindle device sales overall as well. They recently reported that there are now over 1 Million Kindle devices combined sold each week for the last three weeks. VP of Amazon’s Kindle business Dave Limp further added in regards to the Kindle Fire, ”Kindle Fire is the most successful product we’ve ever launched – it’s the bestselling product across all of Amazon for 11 straight weeks, we’ve already sold millions of units, and we’re building millions more to meet the high demand." Here is their full press release below:

Source: Kindle-FireForum
  2. debdroid1a

debdroid1a New Member

I heard this on the radio this morning and remembered when it was expected to sell 5 Million by the end of the 4th quarter. It's getting close. With it out in stores now (from what I've heard, I haven't looked), it could make it.

I would have bought one, but earlier this year bought another inexpensive Android tablet -- and in my case, cheaply made although there's a new Cruz tablet out so they keep making them... but mine works for reading, watching converted movies, playing a few games, etc.
Search tags for this page

amazon kindle android text to speech

books a million kindle