[Rumor] Target Clearing Out All Kindle Inventory Today: Kindle Fire for 30% Off

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
amazon-fire-sale-at-target.jpg

We have an interesting rumor that comes from two different sources suggesting that Target may be having a fantastic clearance sale on all Kindle devices, including the Kindle Fire. Apparently, Target may have inked a deal with a competitor of the Kindle lineup and because of that they are blowing out all their Kindle inventory. Initially, all their Kindle devices will go on sale for 30% off. This means you can potentially pick up the Kindle Fire for $140 bucks. But that's not all. Supposedly, this "fire-sale" (pun intended) will ramp up over a 3 week period and will get progressively better until all the inventory is gone. It will initially start at 30% off, then progress to 50% off and finally culminate with 75 % off. It's important to note that this is an "in store" only deal. There is no hint of it at all online. It is supposed to start today.

If there is anyone that can confirm this deal today, please take a moment to sound off in the forums!

Source: Kindle-FireForum.com via SlickDeals.net

Alastrionia

Sourcery Themer / Designr
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
my wife saw this earlier this week
according to the info Target is getting rid of the kindle and potentially going to get rid of anything Android
in favor of partnering up with Apple to create a mini Apple store inside Target.

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
my wife saw this earlier this week
according to the info Target is getting rid of the kindle and potentially going to get rid of anything Android
in favor of partnering up with Apple to create a mini Apple store inside Target.

Because that has worked so well for Best Buy. [lol]

Everytime I go into Best Buy (2 times a year tops) the guys working the Apple Store section look bored to tears. Of course, 1 mile away is a mall with an Apple store so maybe that has something to do with it.

doublejack

Reaction score
Just as a FYI, very few people have had luck getting this deal. By very few I mean basically 2 or 3 Target stores nationwide have given it. For 99% of the locations, there's no discount on the Kindle line... at least not yet. It has been reported in the mainstream media that Target is getting out of the Kindle line, but that doesn't necessarily mean discounts are here (or immenintely coming).

This is an extreme case of YMMV.

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
Okay, just got back from my local Target. Talked to a "source". Take it for what it is worth:

The clearance pricing will be regional. IE, in areas with lots of stock they will discount them to move them. As of now, there is no plans in my area (southern Michigan). However, in 3-4 weeks that could change.

sweenbeen

Reaction score
I just went to my local target and they did not have the sale going on also spoke with a sales associate and he did not have know anything about a sale or even at target was discontinuing carry the kindle

Sent from my ADR6350 using Droid Forums

CTownDroid

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I'm curious...why?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

After having owned the Fire and Acer a100 tablets,that $50.00 sounds right to me. Actually thats too much for the Acer. Compared to the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0" anyhow. This has yet to disappoint.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm curious...why?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

it'd make a good present once i put ics on it. otherwise it's obsolete compared to a smartphone. and you can get chinese tablets running ics for around $100.

Mouthpuncher

Reaction score
Living in Southern Los Angeles County and no deals at Target in this neck of the woods.

Fuchueson

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 4
Twitter
mc_morris
Not sure how many of you know this but target electronics dept/wireless are actually RadioShack employees. I work for RS and I haven't heard anything like that at all. We normally get memos on stuff like that because we are doing the same or to just be aware of it. I will look more into this though.

1989trouble07

Reaction score
Not sure how many of you know this but target electronics dept/wireless are actually RadioShack employees. I work for RS and I haven't heard anything like that at all. We normally get memos on stuff like that because we are doing the same or to just be aware of it. I will look more into this though.

Lol no they aren't. I work at Target. I do electronics with 6 others. None of us work with Radio Shack or are from there. The same with the Target Mobile employees.

Fuchueson

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 4
Twitter
mc_morris
Well unless something change since I left work at 5 yesterday.. I'm a manager at radio shack and unless they are lying, and the fact I have spoke with someone from target about product 2 weeks ago. Then you're right, I'm lying about it.

I was just trying to say I can get info on this because they are in fact connected.