screen not working, can hardly use!

thatswishyfishy

Reaction score
my droid screen has been torchering me from the first week ive gotten it. the screen will not work, not let me touch home or back, select random things, tool bar jumps up and down, call people, hang up calls, twitches randomly, and i cant type anything cuz it either wont work or its highlighted and deleted. the list goe son and on. it even deletes people! this happens from time to time but its been 3 days now and im hardly able to use it. whenever i bring it to the stores it stops happening convieniently and they dont tell me anything. idk how to fix it or if i should just order a new one. help?

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
my droid screen has been torchering me from the first week ive gotten it. the screen will not work, not let me touch home or back, select random things, tool bar jumps up and down, call people, hang up calls, twitches randomly, and i cant type anything cuz it either wont work or its highlighted and deleted. the list goe son and on. it even deletes people! this happens from time to time but its been 3 days now and im hardly able to use it. whenever i bring it to the stores it stops happening convieniently and they dont tell me anything. idk how to fix it or if i should just order a new one. help?
The first and most obvious question is does this stuff start happening when you have it cabled to a charger or a PC? If so, that is the issue. You must use a stock charger and a stock cable (in most cases). Some off-brand chargers and cables will work, but it seems that most will not. If they do not work, they produce the crazy kind of results you are experiencing. Otherwise, you have a digitizer that is going bad.

Good luck.

OP
T

thatswishyfishy

Reaction score
The first and most obvious question is does this stuff start happening when you have it cabled to a charger or a PC? If so, that is the issue. You must use a stock charger and a stock cable (in most cases). Some off-brand chargers and cables will work, but it seems that most will not. If they do not work, they produce the crazy kind of results you are experiencing. Otherwise, you have a digitizer that is going bad.

Good luck.

ive only used the charger it came with. should i just go and order a new one?