Screen Issues with Razr Maxx

cmms

Reaction score
Getting ready to upgrade and was going to get the Razr Maxx. It seems to be THE perfect phone except I just started reading all those stories about the screen cracking for no reason. Is it a manufacturing defect? Is it too delicate to sustain regular use? I am really careful with my phones but now I am hesitant about making the move. Any suggestions/feedback?
Thanks.

SGTSCHU

Reaction score
If you baby your phone you should have absolutely no problems. I cased mine to protect it and to minimize flexing that a thin phone is bound to have.

Sent from my RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

MysticalDreams

Reaction score
IL for now... waiting for the day we can move back
Current Phone Model
Note 8!!
I haven't had any issues with my Maxx... I wouldn't say I baby my phone but I am not rough with it either. As for the case, I am just using a gel case. The Outter Boxes are nice but they are overkill for how I treat my phone and I didn't like the added width

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
cmms said:
Getting ready to upgrade and was going to get the Razr Maxx. It seems to be THE perfect phone except I just started reading all those stories about the screen cracking for no reason. Is it a manufacturing defect? Is it too delicate to sustain regular use? I am really careful with my phones but now I am hesitant about making the move. Any suggestions/feedback?
Thanks.

The screen isn't cracking for no reason. allow me to explain. The maxx and the razr are both very thin. They aren't made with a metal chassis like the other moto phones. So the device being so thin, yet so wide, it has an inherent problem IF you flex it to much.

I keep mine in an otterbox defender and have no problems. But if you keep it naked and put the phone in your pocket, and then bend over and the phone gets flexed... pop.....

The glass is another story. When you cut glass you put micro breaks in the glass. Any glass product that is cut will have these micro flaws. A hit in just the right place will cause the glass to fail.

The maxx is awesome... I suggest putting it in an otterbox. But that's me.

The phone isn't weak, its just not as stout as a thicker, bigger device.

Hope this helps??

DROID RAZR MAXXAMIZED!!!

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
One other thought, for all of the posts you see about the screen problem, there are literally thousands of these phones out there that don't have this problem. :)

DROID RAZR MAXXAMIZED!!!

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
One other thought, for all of the posts you see about the screen problem, there are literally thousands of these phones out there that don't have this problem. :)

DROID RAZR MAXXAMIZED!!!

+1 on this. You must realize that people are going to post complaints when they have screens that break, but you don't see people starting post threads about how their screens haven't broken, except on those really unique situations like the guy who dropped his phone off a two-story ladder and it didn't break.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
The screen isn't cracking for no reason. allow me to explain. The maxx and the razr are both very thin. They aren't made with a metal chassis like the other moto phones. So the device being so thin, yet so wide, it has an inherent problem IF you flex it to much.

I keep mine in an otterbox defender and have no problems. But if you keep it naked and put the phone in your pocket, and then bend over and the phone gets flexed... pop.....

The glass is another story. When you cut glass you put micro breaks in the glass. Any glass product that is cut will have these micro flaws. A hit in just the right place will cause the glass to fail.

The maxx is awesome... I suggest putting it in an otterbox. But that's me.

The phone isn't weak, its just not as stout as a thicker, bigger device.

Hope this helps??

DROID RAZR MAXXAMIZED!!!

You sound so much like me, you're scarring me...stop it! :eek:

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2 using Google voice to text translation. Please excuse any minor spelling, punctuation, capitalization or grammatical errors.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
FoxKat said:
You sound so much like me, you're scarring me...stop it! :eek:

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2 using Google voice to text translation. Please excuse any minor spelling, punctuation, capitalization or grammatical errors.

Lol. I know, but that's a good thing. All hail FoxKat!! :)

DROID RAZR MAXXAMIZED!!!

Last edited:

Steve H

Reaction score
I don't baby my MAXX at all. I carry it without a case, usually in a pocket with my key or pocket knife. I carry it on fires and it gets wet. I have dropped it on cement floors (several times) without any damage. I have zero complaints about the ruggedness of this phone.