Compare Razr, Razr Maxx and Razr Maxx HD

kmacinct

Reaction score
So, if I get this right.....

Razr is the base phone
Maxx is the extended battery fix
HD is the screen upgrade?

Is that what I get out of all this for the 'most' part??

Trying to decide - seeing the Maxx is free now on VZW

lostinsc

Reaction score
In a nut shell, yes. I was going to get the Maxx HD when my time comes up for an upgrade but there wasn't enough of a difference so I will probably kept the Maxx. Maybe there will be something new coming out later on next year. Its going to be hard to beat this phone.

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Big enough difference for me to switch to the Maxx HD from the Maxx. Screen is gorgeous, battery is even better than it already was, I'm not dropping data any longer. It was totally worthwhile for me!

diablo81588

Reaction score
The HD has a larger, higher resolution screen, a faster, more efficient processor, and has on screen navigation buttons. Other than that it's very similar.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

rfarmer0308

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
DROID RAZR MAXX
This may seem like an ignorant ??? but how do I know if I have the MAXX or the MAXX HD? I bought it used from an individual and she only know it was a Motorola phone.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
This may seem like an ignorant ??? but how do I know if I have the MAXX or the MAXX HD? I bought it used from an individual and she only know it was a Motorola phone.
You can go to Settings > About Phone and there is a Model Number field. That should help figure out which one you have.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
The HD series has an aluminum frame, like an iCrap phone.

sent from my XT1080 using tapatrash

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
You can go to Settings > About Phone and there is a Model Number field. That should help figure out which one you have.

If I have this correct, the Droid Razr was model number XT912 and the Droid Razr Maxx was XT912M. The Droid Razr HD was model number XT926 and the Razr Maxx HD was XT926M. Hope those are correct & hope that helps.

rfarmer0308

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
DROID RAZR MAXX

thank you. Kinda made me feel a little bit stupid but I do appreciate it lol just a simple plain old MAXX. I do have to admit though its a pretty amazing machine compared to the lg optimus I did have...

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
thank you. Kinda made me feel a little bit stupid but I do appreciate it lol just a simple plain old MAXX. I do have to admit though its a pretty amazing machine compared to the lg optimus I did have...
No need to feel stupid. We all help each other learn new things. As long as you are enjoying the phone and like it...that's what is important.

rfarmer0308

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
DROID RAZR MAXX
No need to feel stupid. We all help each other learn new things. As long as you are enjoying the phone and like it...that's what is important.

I most definitely love this phone. it's a lot faster and easier to use and the navigation because I'm a truck driver is so much better. but data usage is going to cost me a little bit more but I think it's worth it.