Screen comparison between the RAZR, Rezound, and Galaxy Nexus.

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Well they need to get off their arses and put it out or else my saved money will be going to Christmas gifts...and ill wait for a newer phone next time round

Sent from my HTC ThunderBolt using DroidForums

combatmedic870

Reaction score
Wouldn't pick the Rezound just based on the fact the hardware hasn't changed for the past three years...it's a thick, boring phone. Throw Sense and locked bl on top if that and it's a definite no go for me. The fact that it has 30 something more ppi means absolutely nothing to the naked eye. That may be nice to brag about for those less endowed, but in the real world means nothing.

Galaxy Nexus for me!
Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

the look might not have changed....(its HTC's look!)...but the hardware has certainly changed since the Eris..... If you have ever had an HTC, you should KNOW that the bootloader will be unlocked. Theres some GREAT dev's that are going to be working on the rezound as well. all of the greats from the OG dinc now have a rezound. Give it another week and there will be S-off (atleast an S-off where there is not a chance to brick your phone).

Its not that man... SOME people might not like how contrasty, punchy and slightly......unreal, colors are on the amoled screens are. The colors on the rezound are very nice not to much and not to washed out. The screen was a selling point to me, i can say that. Im not saying that im not going to get a nexus. Im just telling you the truth. just like most reviews have said when comparing the g nex to the rezounds screen. I really cannot wait to get my hands on a nexus. My rezound is currently a rental, until i get to check out the nexus. If the nexus doesnt hit shelves until after jan 15th. I will return the rezound and wait. I might not get either if that becomes the case and just wait for the next latest and great. Since some monster processors are coming around the corner anyways. i like both of the phones. I just dont love either one of them. both are eh tech wise.

jcardona1

Reaction score
Ok, so I broke down and went to Verizon to check out the Vigor and the Razr too. I think the Vigor is actually a nice device, Razr not so much. The Vigor was said to be heavy and bulky but I found it was pretty light and felt nice in the hand. One thing that I thought was terrible with the design were the recessed volume rocker and power button. I also read it has terrible battery life too but at least it has a removable battery. Screen looked amazing though. Razr was just a waste of time and I was just so turned off by everything about it. My buddy who works at Verizon says December 8th but this is from internet slices and not directly from Verizon. He also said they had a live demo of the G-Nex and were trained on ICS last week so it's definitely coming this month no doubt about it.

Sent from my DROID using DroidForums

Funny, I was bored during my lunch break and also stopped by the Vzw store. I got some more hands-on time with the Razr and I pretty much agree with what you say. I was not impressed by this phone AT ALL. It just seems like the Bionic all over again, minus all the gremlin bugs I suppose. Display, I didn't like. All the white colors appear blue/green color. Overall the screen has a blue tint which ruins the display. Build quality is nice. Camera was actually decent. Gallery, total crap. Not sure what happened here bug scrolling/zooming in the gallery is very choppy, as it's been reported by other users. Phone is snappy and quick otherwise. But overall I find myself just saying "meh".

Now the Rezound on the other hand, wow! If there was no Nexus in the pipelines this would have already been my phone. The display is gorgeous. I love the build, love the red buttons, really not much I didn't like about this phone. If I had one complaint, it would be Sense. Just not really a fan of the UI. The camera...phenomenal. The clarity it pics up in macro pics is amazing. The shutter speed is very fast. If the Nexus is almost as good as this I'd be happy. Things I didn't like, the power and volume buttons like you say; hard to hit sometimes. I don't know, I'm really loving this phone.

Must. Wait. For. Nexus

BL4Z3D247

Reaction score
Now the Rezound on the other hand, wow! If there was no Nexus in the pipelines this would have already been my phone. The display is gorgeous. I love the build, love the red buttons, really not much I didn't like about this phone. If I had one complaint, it would be Sense. Just not really a fan of the UI. The camera...phenomenal. The clarity it pics up in macro pics is amazing. The shutter speed is very fast. If the Nexus is almost as good as this I'd be happy. Things I didn't like, the power and volume buttons like you say; hard to hit sometimes. I don't know, I'm really loving this phone.

Must. Wait. For. Nexus

Shutter speed was fast but still slow compared to what we've seen with the G-Nex but faster than other phones for sure. Sense on the other hand just is weird because I've only had my OG, I've rooted other phones but never really paid attention to the UI. I'd rather have Sense over Motoblur though and rather have Vanilla over Sense. As you said, if there wasn't a Nexus on Verizon in the pipeline then this phone would have been mine on day one. At least if some of us end up getting the Vigor instead of the G-Nex it has S-OFF and custom kernels will give better battery life which so far was the biggest turn off of the phone. I forgot to test out Beats so I can't really comment on that but the speaker had pretty good quality sound, not sure if it was as loud as my OG though.