Screen comparison between the RAZR, Rezound, and Galaxy Nexus.

Larry Mahnken

Reaction score
The Rezound and Nexus look the best overall, in my opinion. I think if for some reason Verizon announced that they weren't carrying the Nexus after all, I'd get the Rezound.

mzjin

Reaction score
The Rezound and Nexus look the best overall, in my opinion. I think if for some reason Verizon announced that they weren't carrying the Nexus after all, I'd get the Rezound.

The Galaxy Nexus page is all "LTE", so unless AT&T suddenly decides to carry an LTE Nexus, Verizon is the only other option.

alucard9114

Reaction score
I can see how the nexus screen could throw some people off(Big,beautiful,bright,no branding and with almost no bezel)the Rezound was definitely the runner up the Razr ehhhh.

jcardona1

Reaction score
Rezound is a very close second for me in choice, behind the Nexus. Got some hands-on time with this phone, and I loved the camera. Razr, meh. Just another Moto turd in shiny armor.

Cinoib

Reaction score
<-----See my current phone. I am not waiting until "sometime next year".

I have a Bionic. I compared the Razr and the Rezound side by side w my Bionic inside at night in the store. The Rezound screen is the number one reason I would choose the Rezound. BTW, u can buy an extended battery and back from Verizon for the Rezound and the Bionic.

The Razr is greatly improved Pen Tile but it still is PT and u will notice it.

The Nexus is Pen Tile. Granted it's 316 ppi so it nets improved resolution. But when the Rezounds resolution nets 342 ppi I would go to the Rezound.

I am surprised Samsung chose the Pen Tile display. My guess is that they had to reach a $300 price point so to do so they used the less expensive screen (Super Amoled Plus is a more expensive screen to produce) and plastic rather then metal.

All that said, I'll wait to see the quaud core phones. Besides, I spend most of my day out of doors so the Bionic has the brightest screen works better.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

prowler85

Reaction score
Pretty much what ^^^^^ said. I got the bionic and love it overall, but the screen quality sucks. Didn't really notice it all too much til my wife got the Razr. Her screen is 10x better than mine. So seeing as how the GN is better than the Razr.....whew, can't wait to see it. Thank goodness I have one more upgrade! :yahoo:

Cinoib

Reaction score
Pretty much what ^^^^^ said. I got the bionic and love it overall, but the screen quality sucks. Didn't really notice it all too much til my wife got the Razr. Her screen is 10x better than mine. So seeing as how the GN is better than the Razr.....whew, can't wait to see it. Thank goodness I have one more upgrade! :yahoo:

I'd suggest the Rezound over the Nexus. The GN will be Pen Tile. Nexus is plastic. REzound is aluminum. 8 mp camera, 1.5 GHz processors, and Beats Audio on Rezound. 342 ppi too. GN gets 5 mp camera, 1.2 MHz processors, 316 ppi, pen tile display.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hands down, the screen on the rezound has proven it's self, but Nexus lovers (which I consider myself because I will have both) refuse to accept it. I pick my rezound tomorrow and the Nexus on ??/??/2012 when its released.

jcardona1

Reaction score
Hands down, the screen on the rezound has proven it's self, but Nexus lovers (which I consider myself because I will have both) refuse to accept it. I pick my rezound tomorrow and the Nexus on ??/??/2012 when its released.

I haven't seen the Nexus in person and most haven't either, so you can't say that. I've seen the Rezound in person and it was awesome. Like I've said, it's a close second for me. First up is the Nexus. The perks of being a Nexus device and the zero-shutter lag are why I choose the Nexus over the Rezound.