Galaxy Nexus; Droid RAZR; Galaxy SII; iPhone 4S - SmackDown Feature Comparison

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Samsung-Galaxy-NEXUS-vs-S-II-vs-Motorola-DROID-RAZR-vs-iPhone-4S-smackdown.jpg

Last night, the folks at Engadget posted a handy, but somewhat incomplete feature comparison between the new Galaxy Nexus and the Droid RAZR, but this morning, the folks at PhoneArena have taken it a step further and done a SmackDown comparison that includes those two phones plus the Samsung Galaxy SII and the iPhone 4S. You can see the feature comparison in the pic below. Perhaps this will help folks make an informed decision for purchasing when ready. Which phone looks better to you?

spec-comparison-1.jpg

Source: PhoneArena

Tank_Tak

Reaction score
I wanted the nexus but now I think ill wait till my full upgrade is here so i can get an even better discount and see what is coming in the horizon

soulpatch

Reaction score
I have anothe rline up for renewal in March so I will stick with my Bionic for now. Though in March I hope to see the Razr have ICS and would go that route if all these phones were the top of the crop still. I dont need much more then the Bionic right now but the screen and size of the Razr is VERY appealing. The non removeable battery is also a non issue for me.

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
This graph is nice but it has a mistake, it says razr is a 4460. Most the other sites say 4430. :/ clearly not showing that the nexus has a better processor.

suzukimethod

Reaction score
anyone know about the glass types on these phones? I read about the gorilla glass and water resistance of the RAZR, curious what the nexus has for glass.....

signed,
someone who is about to replace his D1 (that he dropped enough times to ask these sorts of questions)

bgrubb7

Reaction score
anyone know about the glass types on these phones? I read about the gorilla glass and water resistance of the RAZR, curious what the nexus has for glass.....

signed,
someone who is about to replace his D1 (that he dropped enough times to ask these sorts of questions)

+1 on this question... Motorola makes some seriously tough devices.. I can't count how many times I've dropped my D1 on pavement, etc... it takes a licking... I also remember how tough the original RAZR flip phone was. I have a feeling I would have destroyed a Samsung phone by now.

I'm really leaning RAZR here, since the claim of a Q1 ICS update has already been published. The only thing making me cautious of the RAZR is the battery. I swap out batteries on my OG D1 at least once a day during heavy use or traveling... Not for sure if I want to be stuck a year from now with a phone that I can't swap batteries with and no where near an outlet or a charger.

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
The only thing making me cautious of the RAZR is the battery. I swap out batteries on my OG D1 at least once a day during heavy use or traveling... Not for sure if I want to be stuck a year from now with a phone that I can't swap batteries with and no where near an outlet or a charger.

The battery in the Razr should last a lot longer than the battery in the D1. 1800 > 1390

montyleew

Reaction score
I'm So Excited!

I gave my wife my Droid Charge so I could have her December Upgrade. I really cannot decide between the Galaxy Nexus or the Droid RAZR. I really want the RAZR but I'm afraid of having a locked bootloader. The Nexus is awesome except that I am rough on my phone, and the RAZR might hold up better with its gorilla glass and kevlar shell.

Since I have to wait until the first week in December, and these are supposed to be out in November, maybe one of them will have dropped in price. That'll be how I will decide I guess. I paid $300 for the Droid Charge, running Froyo, and am feeling like Verizon owes me a deal. :)

wolstonc

Reaction score
This sheet is designed in favor of certain phones. Other comparisons, like engadget list more choices such as nfc. This also doesn't show the iphones pathetic speed of 800mhz, nor does it list the razr as most other sites have with a 4430

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
I wanted the nexus but now I think ill wait till my full upgrade is here so i can get an even better discount and see what is coming in the horizon

I'd go with the Nexus. At least you can count on getting the next OS upgrade from Android quickly since its pure google and their current flagship phone.

Also, what is the speed of Apple's DualCore A5 processor? 1Ghz?

StephenWVU

Reaction score
I am simply torn. I am on my 5th droid phone (3 originals) (2 droid 2s). They have been buggy as hell. My first droid didn't function with Bluetooth, my second one did not pick up reception anywhere my third had issues with turning off constantly. They then replaced my original droid with the droid 2. The first of my Droid 2s did the thing where the touch screen goes nuts and eventually a column of my touch screen stopped functioning. Now I am on my second Droid 2 and the screen will sometimes not turn on (only the little buttons on the bottom will light up). When this happens the only way to fix it is to take the battery out and put back in. Needless to say, I am skeptical of Motorola products. The RAZR looks awesome but I am hesitant to buy one due to it being a Motorola product. The Nexus looks awesome but HUGE. I was considering leaving Android for Apple, heresy I know, but the 4S is not what I want. A two year contract without 4G at this point seems a bit unwise. I use my phone for emails, calls, messages, internet browsing, and of course just playing with it. I am currently leaning towards the Samsung... What phone do you all feel is least buggy?

tc1

Reaction score
+1 on this question... Motorola makes some seriously tough devices.. I can't count how many times I've dropped my D1 on pavement, etc... it takes a licking... I also remember how tough the original RAZR flip phone was. I have a feeling I would have destroyed a Samsung phone by now.

I'm really leaning RAZR here, since the claim of a Q1 ICS update has already been published. The only thing making me cautious of the RAZR is the battery. I swap out batteries on my OG D1 at least once a day during heavy use or traveling... Not for sure if I want to be stuck a year from now with a phone that I can't swap batteries with and no where near an outlet or a charger.

Had the d1 passed it on to the wife who abused it to no end,more scuffs and scratches than paint and the screen is totally shattered..not cracked, shattered and aside from the touch screen barely working(obviously) it still functions fine.

tc1

Reaction score
If the razor had ics and no physical buttons I would get it over the nexus.