1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Galaxy Nexus; Droid RAZR; Galaxy SII; iPhone 4S - SmackDown Feature Comparison

Discussion in 'Android News' started by dgstorm, Oct 19, 2011.

1. dgstorm

dgstorm Editor in Chief Staff Member Premium Member

[​IMG]

Last night, the folks at Engadget posted a handy, but somewhat incomplete feature comparison between the new Galaxy Nexus and the Droid RAZR, but this morning, the folks at PhoneArena have taken it a step further and done a SmackDown comparison that includes those two phones plus the Samsung Galaxy SII and the iPhone 4S. You can see the feature comparison in the pic below. Perhaps this will help folks make an informed decision for purchasing when ready. Which phone looks better to you?

[​IMG]

Source: PhoneArena
  2. Tank_Tak

Tank_Tak New Member

I wanted the nexus but now I think ill wait till my full upgrade is here so i can get an even better discount and see what is coming in the horizon
  3. soulpatch

soulpatch New Member

I have anothe rline up for renewal in March so I will stick with my Bionic for now. Though in March I hope to see the Razr have ICS and would go that route if all these phones were the top of the crop still. I dont need much more then the Bionic right now but the screen and size of the Razr is VERY appealing. The non removeable battery is also a non issue for me.
  4. ilikemoneygreen

ilikemoneygreen New Member

This graph is nice but it has a mistake, it says razr is a 4460. Most the other sites say 4430. :/ clearly not showing that the nexus has a better processor.
  5. suzukimethod

suzukimethod New Member

anyone know about the glass types on these phones? I read about the gorilla glass and water resistance of the RAZR, curious what the nexus has for glass.....

signed,
    someone who is about to replace his D1 (that he dropped enough times to ask these sorts of questions)
  6. bgrubb7

bgrubb7 New Member

+1 on this question... Motorola makes some seriously tough devices.. I can't count how many times I've dropped my D1 on pavement, etc... it takes a licking... I also remember how tough the original RAZR flip phone was. I have a feeling I would have destroyed a Samsung phone by now.

I'm really leaning RAZR here, since the claim of a Q1 ICS update has already been published. The only thing making me cautious of the RAZR is the battery. I swap out batteries on my OG D1 at least once a day during heavy use or traveling... Not for sure if I want to be stuck a year from now with a phone that I can't swap batteries with and no where near an outlet or a charger.
  7. mikespe

mikespe New Member

wonder why they left the Bionic off the list?
  8. akhenax

akhenax Well-Known Member

The battery in the Razr should last a lot longer than the battery in the D1. 1800 > 1390
  9. montyleew

montyleew New Member

I'm So Excited!

I gave my wife my Droid Charge so I could have her December Upgrade. I really cannot decide between the Galaxy Nexus or the Droid RAZR. I really want the RAZR but I'm afraid of having a locked bootloader. The Nexus is awesome except that I am rough on my phone, and the RAZR might hold up better with its gorilla glass and kevlar shell.

Since I have to wait until the first week in December, and these are supposed to be out in November, maybe one of them will have dropped in price. That'll be how I will decide I guess. I paid $300 for the Droid Charge, running Froyo, and am feeling like Verizon owes me a deal. :)
  10. wolstonc

wolstonc New Member

This sheet is designed in favor of certain phones. Other comparisons, like engadget list more choices such as nfc. This also doesn't show the iphones pathetic speed of 800mhz, nor does it list the razr as most other sites have with a 4430

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums
  11. johnomaz

johnomaz Well-Known Member

I'd go with the Nexus. At least you can count on getting the next OS upgrade from Android quickly since its pure google and their current flagship phone.

Also, what is the speed of Apple's DualCore A5 processor? 1Ghz?
  12. StephenWVU

StephenWVU New Member

I am simply torn. I am on my 5th droid phone (3 originals) (2 droid 2s). They have been buggy as hell. My first droid didn't function with Bluetooth, my second one did not pick up reception anywhere my third had issues with turning off constantly. They then replaced my original droid with the droid 2. The first of my Droid 2s did the thing where the touch screen goes nuts and eventually a column of my touch screen stopped functioning. Now I am on my second Droid 2 and the screen will sometimes not turn on (only the little buttons on the bottom will light up). When this happens the only way to fix it is to take the battery out and put back in. Needless to say, I am skeptical of Motorola products. The RAZR looks awesome but I am hesitant to buy one due to it being a Motorola product. The Nexus looks awesome but HUGE. I was considering leaving Android for Apple, heresy I know, but the 4S is not what I want. A two year contract without 4G at this point seems a bit unwise. I use my phone for emails, calls, messages, internet browsing, and of course just playing with it. I am currently leaning towards the Samsung... What phone do you all feel is least buggy?
  13. SciJohnDroid

SciJohnDroid New Member

So what the table is saying is the iPhone 4s is looking short, fat, and slow? :biggrin:
  14. tc1

tc1 New Member

Had the d1 passed it on to the wife who abused it to no end,more scuffs and scratches than paint and the screen is totally shattered..not cracked, shattered and aside from the touch screen barely working(obviously) it still functions fine.

15. tc1

tc1 New Member

If the razor had ics and no physical buttons I would get it over the nexus.

16. necric

necric New Member

as much as I like the Kevlar on the RAZR I like NFC so I may have to go with the G Nexus
  17. rwdfan

rwdfan Member

I really like the use of the desktop and car adapters that Mot provides.

For prior models, has Samsung sold such products? Did they come out in a timely fashion?
  18. fobpartisan

fobpartisan New Member

Anyone found concrete evidence that nexus will get omap 4460 n not overclocked 4430?
  19. screaminz2002

screaminz2002 New Member

Everything points to the nexus as a under clocked 4460. Its the Razr thats being listed 2 different ways with the other being a oced 4430.
  20. ilikemoneygreen

ilikemoneygreen New Member

We will know definitively when ifixit tears it down but before that, i dont see a way to confirm without asking a person in the know....No one seemed to ask this question on launch night which had me mad.
Search tags for this page

compare samsung galaxy to droid

comparison of samsung galaxy s3 and droid razr

comparison samsung galaxy 4 and droid razor max

did glaxy sii gloria glass