Samsung Galaxy Nexus and Motorla Droid RAZR Feature Showdown!

Discussion in 'Android News' started by dgstorm, Oct 18, 2011.

1. dgstorm

dgstorm Editor in Chief Staff Member Premium Member

[​IMG]

Engadget had a cool feature showdown for the just launched Samsung Galaxy Nexus and Motorola Droid RAZR. It gives a head-to-head comparison of some of the biggest features. Perhaps this simple breakdown will help folks with their purchasing decision.

[​IMG]

If you are like me, it just keeps you on the fence. Both these phones look amazing! :(

Source: Engadget
  2. jroc

jroc Well-Known Member

This is the first time I might actually get both phones. I was liking what I saw from the Fascinate last year but was still happy with my Droid X1. I think imma get both...lol.
  3. kodiak799

kodiak799 Well-Known Member

One advantage, although not sure how much of an advantage it is, is that the RAZR can take a 32gig SD (I wonder if it can someday take a 64gig SD with a software update?). Perhaps an immaterial criteria, but for someone who travels a lot and has a few spare USB sticks, I kind of like the option for additional storage.

Cloud might be nice (but not that cheap, relatively speaking) but I worry about lag on 3G coverage.

32 gigs is a lot, but I can fill that up just with music.
  4. ilikemoneygreen

ilikemoneygreen New Member

4430 cpu doesnt beat a 4460 cpu.... Arg.... Facepalm time.
  5. tjk629

tjk629 New Member

I wonder if that HD FFC will make a difference.
  6. ilikemoneygreen

Sarcasm or are you serious? lol isnt the ffc a 1.3mp? thatl hardly show the pores on ones face.
  7. tjk629

tjk629 New Member

I guess you could take it either way. I just know they said the Razrs FFC can record 720p video.
  8. ilikemoneygreen

Where!? I wants to see this, thatl be cool if true.
  9. tjk629

tjk629 New Member

10. DesktopDevin

DesktopDevin Member

Advance to 3:10

WOW what a decision to make with my upcoming upgrade!

Do I go Geeky and advanced... or rugged and beastly?

Guess it's time for a toin coss!! LOL

Edit....Crap.... I was watching further in the video

Go to 4:17 in the video and look at what's in the apps main menu on the phone...lots of bloatware.... @#THER****ER.:mad:

Guess it time to check out the sammy .. I really don't know why they do this crap. It does nothing except piss off the customer.
  11. ilikemoneygreen

They really don't define hd though. Do they just have a narrower field of view thus the pixels are all used on the face? I truly dont see a 720 recording from that front facing camera. I'm wrong a lot though. Im more curious about the splash proofness of the device. I really wish Moto made the nexus and gave it a splash proof stuff... Would be amazing.
  12. kodiak799

kodiak799 Well-Known Member

Video calls are bad enough...do you REALLY want people to see your face in up-close hi-def?
    1 person likes this.
  13. souljerr

souljerr New Member

Let's see - the screens are bigger than I like. Neither has a keyboard... Why do I still want both? :blink:
    1 person likes this.
  14. googlelover

googlelover New Member

^^Because one was made like an indestructible beast and the other is a nerds dream haha
    Uhh I thought the ipod touch only had a .7 megapixel camera on its back, but it could still record in HD? Remember megapixels doesn't make the camera, the camera only needs to be able to take 960x720 for it to be HD, and megapixels only bring more pixels into the video, not quality.
  15. ilikemoneygreen

Haha, im so tired of that quote... yes mega pixels arnt everything and i never said they were but you say it like they are really nothing. o_O while i do believe quality camera equipment is better then Megapixels, megapixels are required in order to have a good camera. Im thinking if it is a 720p recording 1.3mp camera, its only up to a certain distance or something. Their is definitely a trade off for the lower pixels, i guarantee...just got to know what it is. Lower photo resolution id believe...but I'm no camera expert. I haven't exactly researched this topic. I guess instead of sounding like an idiot i should... but im to lazy right now.;)
  16. googlelover

googlelover New Member

Well thats because they don't really. Do you think an 8 MP camera can somehow stuff more pixels into a 960x720 video then one that can only record in 960x720? Theres the same amount of pixels in each video... Yes the tradeoff is that still-picture size is much smaller, and cant be blown up while keeping the quality.
  17. Beka27

Beka27 New Member

I'm usually a fan of Moto's builds... but IMO the Nexus wins in the looks department...
  18. barski

barski New Member

I think it pretty close on looks. Motorola has that executive/ corporate look fine tuned with the Razr. Plus being water resistant will help. A major downfall for looks is that camera and the hump it adds. I don't mind it on my Droid X, but for looks it would be nice without it. The Nexus design could be better if you ask me, but im sure the apple ordeal had something to do with the design, still can't beat ice cream sandwich, display, pure google. It will be interesting when i choose a new phone.
  19. RETG

RETG Member

I like the looks of the Moto over the Samsung, I like the removable SD card, but you cannot change the battery and it says Moto and I have an X (or should I say my third X). Guess it will be time to check out this Samsung real close. But I'll wait until all the experts do about a two month test.:icon_ banana:
  20. drksuh

drksuh New Member

I am trying to decide between the two of these on Verizon. One feature I need is mobile hotspotting. Razr has it, but there has been no mention of whether the Galaxy Nexus has it. Does anyone know?