Side by Side Comparison Pics

Creed

Reaction score
Haha nice. While cloud is a good tool, its not practical to delete the entire memory to just put your music on for a couple of hours then delete it and "Cloud" back all my other info. I dont plan on using 4g much since it isnt in my area that strongly yet so transferring data like that over 3g isnt going to work. the beauty with dropbox is that it does it over wifi where i really dont use the 3g for the file transfer but when i go running and stuff it wold take considerable time. mountains arnt really good for 3g signals so my music cant be in the cloud for workouts. 4g is at my school in mesa though.. but that's 20miles away. I guess i could stop using my phone as my primary mp3 player but it would be a pain to go running with a phone and an mp3 player. All this over a 2 dollar sd card slot? ANd i know your going to say listen to less music but comeon, thats my music. I cant pick only a couple faorites.. Its the designated mp3 player.
A few things, first of all, 32g is a LOT of space. 5000 (7000 in my experience) songs if not more. Also, have you tried Google Music? Up to 20,000 songs can be stored on it and since it is synched perfectly with the ICS music player you won't be able to tell which songs are on hard drive space and which are on the cloud. Take a peek: http://music.google.com/music/. It is very nice, it just automatically compiles are your music in one, no special app required and if you want you can download some of the songs on your account to your device so should you want to hear a specific few songs you can easily keep those on your device and have the rest be on the cloud. In addition, in my experience, even on bare EDGE the amount of time required to load a song is under a second if not instantaneous.

Anyways, maybe the device isn't for you but don't let storage be the deciding factor (the sensation has 4g internal and an SD slot that can't go above 32gigs and that is a pretty high end phone).

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm going to agree with the Google music beta suggestion. You're the first person i've heard who carries multiple sd cards on them. I've had my bionic since release and haven't once taken out the sd card. I guess personally I don't need to. I've got a usb cord and its a hassle to take off the battery door just to get the sd card. 32gb is plenty of space. I haven't filled up my 32gb ipod and its got around 50 movies on it plus music.

I mean who knows why there isn't an ad card slot but we'll survive without it.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
I've had google music since it first cameout, its nice but still doesn't get over the fact that I can't Download the music from the sevrers to my device. I guess I didn't explain it so well in my last post. Personally I'm getting the device, but its redulous that they don't put in sd card slots. Tthats like standard in phones now to say people simply don't need them is untrue.

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well it does have internal memory so in reality... You really don't NEED it. It's just a strongly desired feature because you're used to other phones having it.

I just try to think about it like this. The GN has internal memory but? Ost phones end up coming with a little bit of internal memory and an sd card or no memory but an sd card slot.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
sbenson

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to get confirmation on the storage sizes and the battery size. I'll post if I hear anything.

From his twitter, p3droid confirmed his Nexus' are test models. He couldn't 100% confirm battery size, but thinks the Verizon LTE Nexus will ship with an 1850mah, instead of the 1750mah advertised for European models.

Edit: And, he says battery life very is comparable to the Bionic, at least on the models he has.

Last edited:

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
From his twitter, p3droid confirmed his Nexus' are test models. He couldn't 100% confirm battery size, but thinks the Verizon LTE Nexus will ship with an 1850mah, instead of the 1750mah advertised for European models.

Edit: And, he says battery life very is comparable to the Bionic, at least on the models he has.
Meh...I was hoping for better battery life than my Bionic. If I use LTE hard, I can kill this thing in 4 1/2 hours.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Meh...I was hoping for better battery life than my Bionic. If I use LTE hard, I can kill this thing in 4 1/2 hours.

Unfortunately I think that won't change much in the near future, without bigger batteries or some sort of brand new technology.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
There was a great article awhile back, can't remember who it was by... maybe Anandtech, seems like the kind of thing they'd do. Anyway, it discussed battery technology in depth alongside mobile/cell technology. The gist of it was that battery technology piqued a long time ago, and now they're just squeezing every last ounce out of that tech that they can to keep up with mobile/cell technology that's still improving leaps and bounds year after year. I think the summary was basically "until some new technology is discovered, expect batteries to lag behind the phones".

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah lithium tech is like a dinosaur in comparison to the hardware we're using in hand held devices now and it just can't keep up.

I read a lot of engineering news and I haven't heard anything about a new battery source. Nano-tech is the only thing looking at new battery tech and we know how far they are from producing mass quantities of their discoveries.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
So how do they say 5 hours of heavy use with the screen only being on for 1 hour 10 minutes. How do you use a phone with the screen off?

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
So how do they say 5 hours of heavy use with the screen only being on for 1 hour 10 minutes. How do you use a phone with the screen off?

nice catch - assuming those two pics are really 16 minutes from each other... the other thing is the 4G in the first pic, and 3G in the second - either he moved really quickly, turned 4G off for whatever reason (though they claimed 4G the whole time), or the Gnex will have the exact same LTE issues all the other phones have...

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
im willing to wait for them to put nexus on hold in order to put 2nd gen lte chips and quadcore inside this beast.....Anyone behind that proposition?