Screen & Camera reviews only

wardo

Reaction score
Let's hear how this thing sacks up against the other phones you have had.

I'm sure we have all read the turbo has poor nits (whatever that is) numbers.
I read somewhere there was an update and it dramatically helped screen brightness.

Camera, no ois
Is it that big of a deal? I only have experience with the Samsung note 2 and s4, they have a lot of room for improvement.

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
Well just learned my first camera lesson the hard way. Drove an hour round trip to take four(4) photos for business. Emailed them like I always do and then erased them. Get an email back "File size exceeds maximum allowed by the company email" that never happened on my MaxxHD so now I have to do the drive again, that was expensive.
Anyway to dumb down the pics so the file size is smaller? Either that or I experiment with how many (below 4) will work. Doh and not delete them until later.

OP
wardo

wardo

Reaction score
O wow that sounds like a pain in the ass.
How was the performance of the camera? Likes dislikes

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Simply take them at a lower resolution...go into your camera settings and change it to 4 or 6 MB, it shouldn't affect the overall quality that much in a 4x6 photo, unless they intend to blow them up before printing them.

S5 tap'n

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
O wow that sounds like a pain in the ass.
How was the performance of the camera? Likes dislikes

Great pics, very detailed and acute. Camera is quick to focus and shoot compared to my MaxxHD and honestly compared to iPhones. I was at a wedding this past weekend and was taking shots of people with their cameras, Holy Crap some phones are s l o w.
This camera is not slow at all IMO.

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Simply take them at a lower resolution...go into your camera settings and change it to 4 or 6 MB, it shouldn't affect the overall quality that much in a 4x6 photo, unless they intend to blow them up before printing them.

S5 tap'n
Unless I am missing it there is no way to change to a lower resolution. Only standard and widescreen (15.5mp).

Tap'd from my Droid Turbo

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
I don't think this was on the highest Mp setting.... looks good to me though:)

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
Ut Oh.... my Office Manager just came in and said, "What did you do different with those photos, I can't upload them they are Too Big (the file)" On with tech support to figure this out. Otherwise the phone goes back. I have to be able to use it in my business.

I mean Duh, these phones are going to be the future - gotta be able to interface with these stupid companies. Not the phones fault IMO.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Unless I am missing it there is no way to change to a lower resolution. Only standard and widescreen (15.5mp).

Very odd....I've always had multiple options to adjust the MP size/resolution on my last few devices. Apparently the Turbo doesn't give you this option.
FakiuVZ.jpg

Mine goes as low as 2.4mp.

S5 tap'n

Last edited:

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
In my case (Insurance Companies) I have to open the pictures in "Paint" and shrink them in order to Upload them into Document Vault.
At least I can keep my phone except I'm probably going to have to give my Office Manager a raise.... this is getting expensive o_O

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Very odd....I've always had multiple options to adjust the MP size/resolution on my last few devices. Apparently the Turbo doesn't give you this option.
FakiuVZ.jpg

Mine goes as low as 2.4mp.

S5 tap'n

This is all that is available. I find it odd there are not more resolution choices.

a581801919ba55ce8b81577137515fa7.jpg

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Here is a sunset pic I just snapped.

cd3f67dcd060a6dc724311dbc07217ed.jpg

astevens54

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Has anyone found a camera app that will let you set the shooting modes like sports, stills, etc?

kmf1

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 7 Pro Verizon
I do not even see the option to change from 21 mega pixel to 15.5 mega pixel. My Moto camera version is 3.3.20.8 on my 64G Turbo.

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
I do not even see the option to change from 21 mega pixel to 15.5 mega pixel. My Moto camera version is 3.3.20.8 on my 64G Turbo.
c15dbb53e32db99495f7d027d12562d6.jpg