Scratch test

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
CTU would tell Jack not to scratch the phone but he would then slip out the back door and with the help of Chloe, he would proceed to scratch!

Lmao. I miss that show.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Not convinced, he's not pressing hard at all. I used to sell appliances and often did the key test to stoves to show people that glass top stoves are strong as heck. If you push moderately hard you'll leave a trail of microscopic metal filings on the stove. I'll look like you wrote on it with gold chalk. In other words, he's not pushing hard at all, he's simply glossing the key over the screen.

Before you bash me, yes I'm buying this phone and yes I think their glass will be very tough. I just don't think this is a proper test of that glass. When I go to the store, I'll do a 'proper' key test on the store display. :)

He repeatedly smacks the screen with the pointed end of the key, I don't see the problem here.

Edit: Watched the video again, if you look at his hand, you can tell he's pushing pretty damn hard on that screen, even adjusts his grip near the end and pushes harder.

Last edited:

Felix 222

Reaction score
EDIT: Does this sound like Kiefer Sutherland's voice in the new GN commercial? I think it's him. Jack just stepped up his game. Chuck, you have a little catching up to do

[video=youtube;CdD8s0jFJYo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=CdD8s0jFJYo[/video]

Last edited:

doublea500

Reaction score
EDIT: Does this sound like Kiefer Sutherland's voice in the new GN commercial? I think it is. Chuck Norris has nothing on Jack Bauer

[video=youtube;CdD8s0jFJYo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=CdD8s0jFJYo[/video]

What kind of sick company has a commercial without a release date? When was the last time you saw a movie commercial that didn't say when it was going to be released, the answer is never.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
EDIT: Does this sound like Kiefer Sutherland's voice in the new GN commercial? I think it's him. Jack just stepped up his game. Chuck, you have a little catching up to do

Doesn't sound like him at all.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

DamirD1984

Reaction score
Not convinced, he's not pressing hard at all. I used to sell appliances and often did the key test to stoves to show people that glass top stoves are strong as heck. If you push moderately hard you'll leave a trail of microscopic metal filings on the stove. I'll look like you wrote on it with gold chalk. In other words, he's not pushing hard at all, he's simply glossing the key over the screen.

Before you bash me, yes I'm buying this phone and yes I think their glass will be very tough. I just don't think this is a proper test of that glass. When I go to the store, I'll do a 'proper' key test on the store display. :)

Yeah, you do go do a proper key test... let me know what the Verizon Reps think about, after you ask em, i thought this was gorilla type glass ;-p

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Nah it's not Kiefer Southerland, he has a very distinct rasp at the end of his words.

BL4Z3D247

Reaction score
I'm sold on that demo. I think he did it hard enough, it's a phone not a stove. Keys in your pocket won't rub against your phone any harder than that. Sold!

Sent from my DROID using DroidForums

tedrodai

Reaction score
Looks sturdy enough for that. I want to see it dropped though :biggrin:

Felix 222

Reaction score
Nah it's not Kiefer Southerland, he has a very distinct rasp at the end of his words.
Doesn't sound like him at all.

[video=youtube;FKeSFx4JTE4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKeSFx4JTE4[/video]

idk...they sound awfully similar. listen further into the nexus commercial (like 14s). his speaking becomes more pronounced, like that of the BOA commercial.

oh well, nvm. back on topic.

Last edited: