tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
[video=youtube;uyLC61JxsJQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyLC61JxsJQ[/video]

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
Guess that'll shut all the but it doesn't have Gorilla Glass people up lol.

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah teah yeah, that's good and all, but I want to see the Diamond engagement ring test....

ice456789

Reaction score
Not convinced, he's not pressing hard at all. I used to sell appliances and often did the key test to stoves to show people that glass top stoves are strong as heck. If you push moderately hard you'll leave a trail of microscopic metal filings on the stove. I'll look like you wrote on it with gold chalk. In other words, he's not pushing hard at all, he's simply glossing the key over the screen.

Before you bash me, yes I'm buying this phone and yes I think their glass will be very tough. I just don't think this is a proper test of that glass. When I go to the store, I'll do a 'proper' key test on the store display. :)

ice456789

Reaction score
Love this ;)

I knew I could count on you!
I'll write my name on the phone in key dust. If I wipe the dust off and the screen is pristine then you know we have a winner. If I wipe the dust off and the screen is scratched then we'll all know we need some sort of case or protector. And my name will be on the phone so they police will know who to arrest. Wait a minute, bad plan.

New plan: I'll write a random congressman's name on the phone.....