Scratch test

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
It's totally different, listen to how raspy Kiefer's voice is compared to the Nexus guy.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Before you bash me, yes I'm buying this phone and yes I think their glass will be very tough. I just don't think this is a proper test of that glass. When I go to the store, I'll do a 'proper' key test on the store display. :)

A standard key shouldn't be able to scratch glass at all, hardened or not. Gorilla Glass sits at about 7 on Mohs hardness scale and standard glass at around 6, most common key materials (brass, aluminum, steel) are softer. There are exceptions of course, hardened steel is 7.5-8 on Mohs scale, so a hardened steel knife blade would be able to scratch a Gorilla Glass screen.

prowler85

Reaction score
[video=youtube;FKeSFx4JTE4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKeSFx4JTE4[/video]

idk...they sound awfully similar. listen further into the nexus commercial (like 14s). his speaking becomes more pronounced, like that of the BOA commercial.

oh well, nvm. back on topic.

I thought it was him....just speaking a little more "softly" to draw us in.

And I loved the girl eating the slightly curved Ice Cream Sandwich about halfway thru. :icon_ lala:

And the reason Jack/Keifer didn't give us the release date.....because he's Jack Bauer. He'll announce it seconds before it hits stores, saving the day yet again at the last possible moment.:biggrin:

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
31NEWkXH4tL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I wonder if this bad boy will scratch it. I keep this in my pocket at all times!

I think the key test was appropriate. It should be pretty tough.