Samsungs "NEXUS 2" *UPDATE*

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Gizmodo received what is reportedly a hands-on exclusive from a tipster of the Samsung Nexus S, the rumored successor to the HTC Google Nexus One. While the review doesn't contain any original pictures or many more details than what we already heard, Gizmodo made a mock-up of what the phone is reported to look like.
500x_gizmodo_nexustwo-1.jpg

Overall, the exclusive that Gizmodo received is pretty lacking in terms of new ideas added to what we were already thinking.
Below is a collection of the specs and features for the phone that we have seen rumored so far:

• 4" Super AMOLED screen
  • MasterCard PayPass ability
  • Android Gingerbread, stock
  • same 1GHz Hummingbird processor as Samsung Galaxy S
  • front-facing camera
  • differently shaped backing
  • easily rootable and feature GSM support
  • capacitative buttons on the front
  • possibly releasing this year
Regarding the Gizmodo tipster's comment that the pho/ne's version of Android Gingerbread was "really buggy", Engadget asks: "Is that really what you want to bring to the table as your Gingerbread flagship, Google?"
Other Sources: Engadget, FCC, Phandroid
Image from Gizmodo

UPDATE TO THE UPDATE: Android and Me is reporting the rumored specs:

The Samsung “Nexus Two” phone will feature:

Stock Android 2.3 (Gingerbread)
1.2 GHz processor (don’t know which model)
4 inch AMOLED display (don’t know resolution)
5 megapixel camera with autofocus and HD video capture (don’t know about flash), front-facing camera (don’t know resolution)
512 MB RAM, 16 GB internal storage
Support for multiple carriers (radios are unknown)
All the usuals like WiFi, Bluetooth, 3.5 mm headset jack, etc.
Outer casing is a mix of metal and plastic materials

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I kinda want this phone :)

Reaction score
Wow, I'm getting excited over this phone. I was all set and ready to pull the trigger on the Incredible HD. I now want to see what this has to offer. The 4 inch screen is, I think, the sweet spot for phone screens. BUT, If it is that plastic Galaxy S phone then I will easily pass. I want something that is solid, just like quality electronics should be. Give us something solid like HTC puts out and I will buy! Also, would be nice if it had the optical trackball/mouse like the incredible and the MyTough 4g.

crackedvenom

Reaction score
hmm this looks like a nice phone but idk. my upgrade is neaxt year. not sure if im waiting for lte or not

OP
Malvado

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
I personally am not liking this phone lol...why did they have to switch brands...I'm sure htc would of done a MUCH BETTER job.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm hoping there is a version for Verizon as well as just GSM carriers; after all why shouldn't us VZW users get to own a dev phone? We kind of got screwed with the Nexus One, hopefully that doesn't happen again with the Nexus S.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Also regarding the buggy Gingerbread OS, at this point it's very doubtful that we're seeing final code. It's likely still beta.

sranger

Reaction score
Gingerbread Buggy???

Actually that makes perfect sense. Froyo is also extremely buggy....

Broked Infrastructure Wifi, Broked AAC+ Streaming, Camera still locks up all of the time.... etc...

Reaction score
I'm a free agent right now. I'm month to month with Verizon. I'm going to go with the best phone for the best pricing option.

Milton515

Reaction score
I personally am not liking this phone lol...why did they have to switch brands...I'm sure htc would of done a MUCH BETTER job.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

I'm with you, it doesn't make any sense for them to switch from HTC who made a beautiful and very stable phone to Samsung who usually make nice slider and candy bar phones.... Don't get me wrong they did a great job on the Galaxy S, but could have been made of solider material

Sent from D1 running metiCkMod v2.2 Complete Galaxy S Theme

SlvrEvoIX

Reaction score
Please come to verizon , please come to verizon, please come to verizon *crosses fingers*

electric6

Reaction score
No offense to samsung fans, but this really doesnt do much for me. Same screen, same memory, same processor, and same plastic feel. I also prefer HTC, but I'm sure this will be a great mid-range handset. Just not enough features/tech in it for me. HTC is still the high-end handset king!

Reaction score
I don't understand how so many people like that cheap plastic feel of the Galaxy S phones. I would get this phone if they upgrade the material.