Samsungs "NEXUS 2" *UPDATE*

joemustang

Reaction score
Why would google accept to go with the plastic instead of metal? Why would they downgraded? However i still may pick up this phone. My D1 feels ancient with all these new phones coming out. This is a nice upgrade for any D1 owner I think. Also i would prefer a flat backside so the phones lays flat on a table or something, it would make txt and such easier then the phone wobbling around.

OP
Malvado

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Why would google accept to go with the plastic instead of metal? Why would they downgraded? However i still may pick up this phone. My D1 feels ancient with all these new phones coming out. This is a nice upgrade for any D1 owner I think. Also i would prefer a flat backside so the phones lays flat on a table or something, it would make txt and such easier then the phone wobbling around.
Wait, most ppl text with their phones in their hands not on a flat surface lol...well at least I hold it in my hands :)...but we also have to wait and see if VERIZON gets it on their network

Sent from my DROID2

rahilkalim

Reaction score
I personally am not liking this phone lol...why did they have to switch brands...I'm sure htc would of done a MUCH BETTER job.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Google most likely chose to change probably because Samsung supports more Android products. Samsung is one of the leading companies for the android tablet launch, will develop TVs with GoogleTV, and will most likely develop digital cameras running android (Hoping).

Makes sense to give an exclusive perk to Samsung to develop a Google phone.

On another note, I'm sure Google has certain quality requirements that this phone must meet. Samsung does have the ability to produce a quality product.

hollowbox

Reaction score
dissapointed in the rumored specs and just overall. With the original nexus one being the king of the hill at the time it came out, pushing the technology forward and making everyone else step their game up, I just assumed that a a nexus two would do the same. I really would have preferred a huge step forward in processor and features as well as an original design.....not just a glorified galaxy s. Quite honestly I have played with every new phone that has come out and not one of them seems to be a significant upgrade to my original droid....or at least enough of an upgrade for me to actually want to spend money...... I was hoping that this would be the one. Ill just hold out till next holiday season and get the latest and greatest of the LTE phones.

wmnomore

Reaction score
Not a hoax.

Why would they reveal something that google should.
Nexus 2 is a hoax, yes. Nexus S isn't.

DanielC

Reaction score
Here's to hoping a real Nexus 2 from HTC in Q4, on Big Red. Will it happen? probably not, but I can wish right? :)

Heartainia

Reaction score
Nexus S

Hey i love this phone.. but i need to know if its quadband .. i am seeing different things on other websites...

Gizmodo received what is reportedly a hands-on exclusive from a tipster of the Samsung Nexus S, the rumored successor to the HTC Google Nexus One. While the review doesn't contain any original pictures or many more details than what we already heard, Gizmodo made a mock-up of what the phone is reported to look like.
500x_gizmodo_nexustwo-1.jpg

Overall, the exclusive that Gizmodo received is pretty lacking in terms of new ideas added to what we were already thinking.
Below is a collection of the specs and features for the phone that we have seen rumored so far:

• 4" Super AMOLED screen
  • MasterCard PayPass ability
  • Android Gingerbread, stock
  • same 1GHz Hummingbird processor as Samsung Galaxy S
  • front-facing camera
  • differently shaped backing
  • easily rootable and feature GSM support
  • capacitative buttons on the front
  • possibly releasing this year
Regarding the Gizmodo tipster's comment that the pho/ne's version of Android Gingerbread was "really buggy", Engadget asks: "Is that really what you want to bring to the table as your Gingerbread flagship, Google?"
Other Sources: Engadget, FCC, Phandroid
Image from Gizmodo

UPDATE TO THE UPDATE: Android and Me is reporting the rumored specs:

The Samsung “Nexus Two” phone will feature:

Stock Android 2.3 (Gingerbread)
1.2 GHz processor (don’t know which model)
4 inch AMOLED display (don’t know resolution)
5 megapixel camera with autofocus and HD video capture (don’t know about flash), front-facing camera (don’t know resolution)
512 MB RAM, 16 GB internal storage
Support for multiple carriers (radios are unknown)
All the usuals like WiFi, Bluetooth, 3.5 mm headset jack, etc.
Outer casing is a mix of metal and plastic materials

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I personally am not liking this phone lol...why did they have to switch brands...I'm sure htc would of done a MUCH BETTER job.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

I'm with you, it doesn't make any sense for them to switch from HTC who made a beautiful and very stable phone to Samsung who usually make nice slider and candy bar phones.... Don't get me wrong they did a great job on the Galaxy S, but could have been made of solider material

Sent from D1 running metiCkMod v2.2 Complete Galaxy S Theme
HTC is just as plasticy as Samsung as far as their build quality. To say they (HTC) make a better build is untrue. Both manufacturers use too much plastic.