SCH-i510 Samsung Stealth - Nexus S Successor?

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Why does it matter if it has Touchwiz cant you just get LauncherPro?
Once you get a taste of pure and simple Android it's hard to go backwards : )

Vanilla Android is like a fresh clean stream. These UI's(Sense, Blur Touchwiz) are like throwing mud into the stream. They pollute it.

Launcher Pro, ADW etc etc...it's just not the same. It's hard to explain but I personally don't want to be forced to install one of these launchers on my device to enjoy it.

If I ever get into building roms ima call it

Pur V'Nilla

Vanilla+Bean+Ice+Cream+500.jpg

Because vanilla is always good...the only vanilla I know that is horrible:

vanilla.jpg

Being there will be no "ice ice baby" here you know its gonna be good.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Moto is my Device of choice too - but they need another pure device release to hold on to some of their customers - although I would consider the Etna - pure or not...it's just a shame it is going elsewhere first - kind of taints it a little

tmwilson02

Reaction score
The Etna will be an amazing device. I cannot wait. Hopefully CES will be a good day for news from Verizon. I am almost more excited for CES than the Holidays.:)

Jaxidian

Team FreeMyMoto
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.jaxidian.org
Why does it matter if it has Touchwiz cant you just get LauncherPro?

Have you ever bought a computer from HP, Dell, Acer, or any other company like that? If so, your suggestion is the equivalent to deleting the icons to all of the crap that they pre-bundle on the computer. It's all still there slowing you down and causing crashes, you just don't see the icons. In Android, those things (TouchWiz, Blur, Sense, etc.) are all like that. There always running, slowing you down and providing you no benefit no matter how hard you try to delete their icons by installing Launcher Pro or ADW, or whatever.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Hmm I have a droid 1 and see no reason to use the stock launcher over launcherpro, it just has so many more features and customization. I didnt know that the other stuff is still running that sucks. Maybe if the phone is rootable you can remove it?

A lot of times, this other crap is so deeply integrated into the OS's framework (or even the kernel!!) that even with root, you're stuck with it, unless you can replace those fundamental parts of the OS. On devices with locked bootloaders, this is MUCH more difficult (although we got lucky with FroYo on the next-gen Moto-Droid phones - let's hope the same is true with Gingerbread).

rybnik

Reaction score
Samsung’s SCH-I520 Android handset packs LTE and front-facing camera; headed to Verizon | BGR | Boy Genius Report

I get the feeling that Moto's Olympus "leaks" got all the other companies a bit scared that they would be overshadowed so they have joined in the fun. First LG, then HTC, and now finally Samsung...yummmmm.....ok, sing it with me now, Super... A-A-A-AH-MOLED, A-MOLE-MOLE-MOLE-AH-MOLED...Its catchy...
[video=youtube;f8S8tbQMp2k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8S8tbQMp2k&feature=related]YouTube - SAMSUNG Flexible AM OLED[/video]