SCH-i510 Samsung Stealth - Nexus S Successor?

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Samsung-Stealth-V-SCH-i510.jpeg

So we are trying to put the pieces together from SamFirmware's recent tweets early today on a device that's "a lot better then the Nexus S" due out February of 2011. Cereal Killer was quick to reference back to a device that was mentioned by PhoneArena a couple weeks ago dubbed the Samsung SCH-i510 (Stealth V). This flagship phone was rumored to have all hardware specs that many of us were hoping the Nexus S would have received. Some of these include:

• 4.3" Super AMOLED Display
  • 8MP Camera with dual-LED Flash
  • Full 1080P Recording
  • Samsung Orion Dual Core Chipset @ 1GHz
  • Android 2.3 Gingerbread

So, we (Verizon Wireless users) might miss out on yet another Google Phone but with rumors of this super phone in the android pipe we at least have something better to look forward to.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Now will it run a nice plain piece of Gingerbread? Now_that_would be a nice gift to myself : )

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I hope so...the Orion dual core. Something to at least do comparisons with the Tegra 2.

My main concern is battery life. I got a feeling at least one of these dual core chips will be at the bottom for battery life...

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yea CK....if its has vanilla Android...forget about the Nexus S...THIS will be the phone you want...

I may have to leave Moto for a spell if its has vanilla Android....even if it doesnt. If that chip winds up being better than the Tegra 2....its over for me n Moto...lol

OP
danDroid

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, plain vanilla.. no touchwiz please!!

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ok...it might be over for me n Moto..

(I hate being a fanboy for a company...but they treated me so good as far as reception....)

EgooEspada

Reaction score
It will probably have TouchWiz 4.0 Which looks even more like iOS. I really wish it would have stock Gingerbread, but it most likely wont.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Yea CK....if its has vanilla Android...forget about the Nexus S...THIS will be the phone you want...

I may have to leave Moto for a spell if its has vanilla Android....even if it doesnt. If that chip winds up being better than the Tegra 2....its over for me n Moto...lol
I don't think it will be "better" seeing that it has the same CPU architecture as the Tegra 2. Graphics is a whole other story though. I don't know what GPU the Orion will be running. One thing is for sure. The Tegra 2 and Orion will hands down be the best processors to breathe inside an Android handset.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think I read somewhere it will be a Mali? I have no clue about that gpu....

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think the real difference may be which one is the best with battery life.

I cant wait til my upgrade comes next year....lol Hopefully there will be at least 2 dual core phones to choose from.

creaky

Reaction score
I guess all that matters in the choice between Etna and this device (and maybe the LG Star) is build quality and whether or not the iu is skinned.

l1f35ux

Reaction score
Knock on the wood, no touchwiz please

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Jester6x

Reaction score
Now will it run a nice plain piece of Gingerbread? Now_that_would be a nice gift to myself : )

So I've been keeping up on the Etna and have noticed that you were pretty confident that was going to be your next phone. Over in the other area you seem like you are leaning towards this one. What would have swayed your decision? Screen size and the Super AMOLED?

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon

So I've been keeping up on the Etna and have noticed that you were pretty confident that was going to be your next phone. Over in the other area you seem like you are leaning towards this one. What would have swayed your decision? Screen size and the Super AMOLED?
No manufacturer UI overlay would be the deciding factor for me. If this handset comes with plain Gigerbread, and thats a big if, I wouldn't hesitate on upgrading to it.

I'm going to see how this all plays out. One thing is for sure the Etna is at the top of my list and something needs to knock it off : ) this device MAY just do that. We'll see.