Samsung Galaxy S III Officially Announced

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
It looks pretty likely that VZW will get it, based on the verbiage used - maybe I'm assuming too much, though.

???

Reaction score
so i haven't followed the x one till now that its being shown side by side, cause i'm in contract with the gnex. but am i right in seeing that the x one has a 1800ma battery and its not removable?

anyone buying that phone has got to be nuts, or isn't a power user at all and sits at a desk where it can be on charge all day. if you're following the boards, i don't think you fall under a user that will get much use out of a huge screen any 1800ma without being able to carry spare batteries on a lte phone. i have 2 2100ma batteries to make it thru a normal day on a gnex. any phone with a tiny battery seems totally useless, besides something like the maxx. this one at least has some hope of being a worth while phone.

thats hoping the lte one gets a bigger than 2100 battery and not a super hump aftermarket. other than that, almost everyone here will root and run a stock based rom without all the bloat, wiz or sense. so why am i reading all this hate towards the gs3 vrs x one? it just doesn't make sense. i mean if you already own a x one and in contract for 2 years like i am on my nexus. than yeah i could see it not being worth the swap, but really, how can you see some pics, look at some specs and not think its pretty much at least as good as the x one. you might like one over the other, but a phone with a replacable battery and a 64gig sd card being a epic fail over another phone seems odd. oh wait, ones matte white and ones gloss white? is that it?

is this some kinda htc fanboi stuff that building within android? htc people vs moto vs samsung? all hating on each others phone for no valid reason?

if i was in the market, i'd wait to pass judgment on looks till i've seen one in person and what cases are out for them. cause it will be the case you see and feel

mekanism

Reaction score
I wonder if the radio will be as bad as the gnex? If so this thing will be an epic fail like the gnex! Samsung hardware is ****. Im going to hold out for moto's next offering.

Mek's X

mgrande

Reaction score
I too am worried about the battery issue. I was really excited about this phone, but I think the maxx has the upper hand.

pwrdbykyank

Reaction score
how lame, they made such a hype about it being such a great phone, big wow it has a quad core. What happened to it sticking out from the rest, like a 12 or 13mp camera or its shell looking so much different than a regular phone everyone else comes out with or how about that border to border lcd?. I was hoping for much more not just a quad core.. Sucks

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
Also, why the heck wouldn't they implement Onscreen keys like on the Nexus? What is point of wasting screen space on a hardware button? Either use that extra real estate for more viewable area, or reduce the footprint of the phone. Lastly, a guy posted this on XDA and I had to pass it along:

4067479_460s.jpg

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
HD or not, pentile is pentile. I have the GNote and you will definitely continue to see pixelation and banding in these AMoleds. Some are worse than others (I swapped one out and ended up with a better one). Dark scenes and gradients kill these displays.

Touchwiz shouldn't really deter anyone since you can use Apex or Nova as launchers.

This phone will have great dev support and Sammy will give up source so that means a plethora of roms.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
pc747,

I dont know...I kinda like what it looks like on the GS3 more than whats on the One X.

Onthe One X it has something I dont like thats on my RAZR with GB...white screens in Settings areas. The settings area looks better in black to me. Maybe cuz I'm a fan of Amoled screens now I dont mind the colors...if thats what you mean by cartoony...lol.

Now that I just saw a clip of the One X...both of these phones did good in some areas and so so in other with ICS. I like how Moto stuck with mostly dark colors, black. Hope it stays that way when the RAZR ICS leak drops.

socalsx

Reaction score
phone was over-hyped but by who? probably by all of us in the end.

I was expecting more, most notably a BETTER camera not more megapixels
"focusing on connectivity and social enhancements, rather than updated sensor and low-light shooting technologies."
- this here kills it for me. the htc one x has some pretty nice optics in it with the f2.0 lens. devs will be able to push it much further than outdated lens technology

i loved the look of the GSII, but dont care too much for the S3.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I think I'm the only one who is totally impressed with everything Samsung did today :) The commericial is sheer brilliance in my opinion and the handset has revolutionized Android. To me this day has proved to me it's not about the specs anymore, its about the capabilities. In my opinion Samsung has raised the bar so high that the other Android manufacturers have their work cut out for them. I'd rate the whole presentation an A+ and what they did with this handset an A+++++.

Color me very impressed. This phone is going to be the iPhones only competitor. The SGSIII in my opinion makes every other Android smartphone look stale. One X, great phone but it's "been there done that" in my opinion. I do think Motorola will come along and surprise us though, we'll see. Overall I'm standing by my comments, the Galaxy SIII has revolutionized Android.

npro1464

Reaction score
Totally let down by this after all the hype. The One X is beautiful, it is a shame it will never reach Verizon in that form. Its also a shame I am afraid to get another HTC phone after this pos Thunderbolt.

I wonder what disgusting, abomination the Verizon version will look like. Maybe they'll work off that classic aqua teen hunger force the Charge had. Paint it black and red and label it "Droid Awesome"

That being said, take my money.

77Pat

Reaction score
Definitely will consider this, but I do not believe in buying a phone at the $300 price point, so I will wait. Which will give me time to see what the offerings are form Moto and Sony.