Samsung Galaxy S III Officially Announced

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm disappointed in the camera being only 8 MP instead of the 12. I think Samsung was dumb to let the rumors continue for so long when they weren't going to meet them.

I want to know to know how loud the speaker is. The speaker issues and the 5mp camera are what kept me from getting the Nexus.
You know megapixels don't equal quality, right? I tell people this all the time at best buy but they still don't seem to get it...

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
It doesn't look like the LTE version will have quad core, but rather the dual core Snapdragon S4.

So far that is just rumor and hasn't been confirmed yet. I actually find it hard to believe that Samsung wouldn't have been able to work out the LTE issue with their newest chip, but I guess we shall see... I am keeping my fingers crossed that the initial rumors were false on this one. :)

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
You know megapixels don't equal quality, right? I tell people this all the time at best buy but they still don't seem to get it...

Yes... Arkbird has this right. I have seen pictures from a 5 Megapixel LG phone camera look better than those from the 8MP camera on the RAZR. High Megapixels only creates super-hi res pictures, but that only makes a difference if you are going to display or print a picture on a billboard. It's all about the optics baby. ;)

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
I'm picking one up regardless of processor. The S4 is no slouch. This phone is sexay. :in love:

I'll be swapping between this and my Nexus. Dual Galaxies FTW DancingNexus

2ns

Reaction score
I realize about the megapixels, but I see it as an indication that they held back on making it the best. Have they even said anything about the lens?

2ns

Reaction score
I don't really care about the processor as long as isn't laggy. My droid is more lag than not at this point.

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm just going to repost what I said on XDA as my feelings remain unchanged in the past few minutes since I made my statement:happy3:

Well, Sony just jumped back to the top of my list for my upgrade come November. This thing has been hyped and hyped and hyped and comes out looking like total ass. It's clear that Samsung either made no effort to get input from focus groups as to what they found pleasing to the eye about the GSII and other well-rated phones, or they were tripping balls on acid when they designed the thing. From the "Made for Humans, Inspired by Nature" vid, I'm inclined to think that the latter was the case.

HORRIBLE execution. I look at our Samsung plasma and find it hard to believe that this television and that phone are made by the same company. I hate to say it because it's one of the dumbest phrases to hit the net, but epic fail!

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
I almost cried -->:popcorn:almost.

[video=youtube;2lpLGb1WW8E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=2lpLGb1WW8E[/video]

armeddroid

Reaction score
dgstorm said:
So far that is just rumor and hasn't been confirmed yet. I actually find it hard to believe that Samsung wouldn't have been able to work out the LTE issue with their newest chip, but I guess we shall see... I am keeping my fingers crossed that the initial rumors were false on this one. :)

It's not the processor. It's the actual LTE Chip itself that's preventing quadcore..It's too big to have that and 4 processors. That's why all European 3G quadcore phones that come this way become 4G LTE dual core phones.

kparks

Reaction score
armeddroid said:
This is my only concern.

Does it matter what a let down.. pentile screen and will have the same processor in the US that the one x has does not look good at all.. I'd rather have the gnote

kparks

Reaction score
geoff5093 said:
Nothing special. I'm more impressed with the HTC One X.

Exactly!! I was pretty pumped to see what they would bring but it's more of the same old thing htc did months ago but with with a horrible UI! I also wanted to see the vzw galaxy note

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
Does it matter what a let down.. pentile screen and will have the same processor in the US that the one x has does not look good at all.. I'd rather have the gnote

Pentile means nothing at this point. With hd screens having ppi's as high as they are you can't see any pixelation except under a microscope. The S4 is an excellent processor.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

shanimal92

Reaction score
The pictures look nice, but the video looks cheap as hell.Doesnt really affect me though since i always get a Otterbox on my phones. I'm Kinda glad though; now i wont feel the need to update from my Galaxy Nexus. From what i know the screen is still pentile, and when looking from the One X or the Rezound it looks "meh." Hopefully the camera is awesome.