Samsung Galaxy S III Officially Announced

Discussion in 'Android News' started by dgstorm, May 3, 2012.

1. 52brandon

52brandon Active Member

Ratings:
    +19
    ??? I've never had radio issues on my galaxy nexus...

2. kparks

kparks Active Member

Ratings:
    +8
    Fanboy hahaha!

3. 2ns

2ns Member

Ratings:
    +0
    What is this S voice

4. cereal killer

cereal killer DF Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,125
    Current Phone Model:
    Nokia Lumia Icon
    Sammy really impressed me today, I guess I'm not sure what the definition of fanboyism is in your eyes. Care to esplain lucy?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Narsil

Narsil Active Member

Ratings:
    +168
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  6. mgrande

mgrande Member

Ratings:
    +7
    If the phone can last a whole day in the 2100 mah battery than great! We'll have to see what kind of battery saving software it has.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

7. wicked

wicked DF Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,083
    Current Phone Model:
    Sony Xperia Z3
    Twitter:
    @MikeAlvez

[​IMG]

We'd like to announce that we have a sister site dedicated entirely to the "Next Galaxy" phone from Samsung, the Galaxy S3 at S3Forums.com

Be sure to visit and register if you are interested in the Samsung Galaxy S3. See you there! :D

• Like Like x 2
  8. BenLand150

BenLand150 Premium Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +82
    If this is out in the US before the Journal, I'll definitely pick it up. I want to see what the Journal is like as I absolutely love the GNote. If it was on Verizon, I would have it.

I personally loved the way Samsung showed this phone off at the keynote, everything made the phone look so ellegant. And I for one like the commercial as well. At first I was convinced the phone was underwhelming, and now.. I still think that. But only in terms as it is not AS good as we all hoped. I'm dissapointed it's pentile, and I wanted the 12mp camera just based on the fact as that would really set it aside in terms of specs against other phones such as the iPhone. Even though megapixels are not everything, on a sheet of paper it's definitely a factor.

9. jroc

jroc Silver Member

Ratings:
    +63
    the One X and the GS3 has some nice features I hope makes it to other manufactures. I dont know what ppl were expecting...I didnt follow the rumors and whatnot....but I was impressed too.

I kinda stopped chasing specs when the Droid X1 came out...forgot somewhat when the G Nex and Rezound came out....and I got burned...lol.

"Never Again" to chasing specs. The best battery life....and reception, call quality....gets my money. Who that will be in the near future remains to be seen. But the best battery life will definitely get my money. With maybe a spec or two chased here n there..:happy3:

• Like Like x 1
  10. Escobar

Escobar Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Wooooooooooooooooow fanboiii for sure pal.

11. jakegsxr11

jakegsxr11 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    That looks just like my wife's IPod touch sitting on the table....

12. MissionImprobable

MissionImprobable Silver Member

Ratings:
    +86
    To each his own, but the whole "made for humans" mantra reeks of hippie, lsd-induced crazy talk. Their ideas are completely disjointed from the SGSII. The SII was a challenge to the iPhone: "we at Samsung can do beautiful just as well as you Apple, and give our customers a true total package." This is just a joke. We love nature, so here's our phone that thinks it's a pebble. This is seriously supposed to be the next step from the SGSII, the Galaxy S, and the Note? There is nothing progressive or beautiful about this phone. Great features, hideous shell. The finish literally could not look any cheaper. Again, Sony just jumped to the top of the list for me, and HTC is back in the running. I will not be buying this phone in its current form.

Seriously, at least phones like the Nexus might not be for all, but they aren't nearly so polarizing. I dislike everything about iOS, but the shell it's in is pretty close to perfection, hatred of the innards or no. This phone shows a total disconnect from what I and many others assumed Samsung was going for, at least that's my .02

13. 2ns

2ns Member

Ratings:
    +0
  14. cereal killer

cereal killer DF Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,125
    Current Phone Model:
    Nokia Lumia Icon
    Thats what made the device and presentation stand-out for me. This was a truly unique Android presentation in my opinion. We are no longer impressed by specs anymore because there is NOTHING that anyone can release right now that will blow US away. The mention of a Quad Core in 2010 had people dizzy and falling all over themselves, today there is "nothing progressive" about this phone. All the "wow look at that" tech is still a ways off and when that hits we'll be yawning longing for the phone that defy's gravity. It's an endless cycle that leads to letdown. That very mindset is reflected in this thread, and there's nothing wrong with it. It is what it is.

Your average consumer will love what Samsung is doing. It's not a mistake they are the premier Android handset maker in the world. You don't get that way by playing the same old tune like a lot of the manufacturers have been doing. Lets face it, Android has gotten stale and the only thing we all cling to is specs. Samsung has just flipped that paradigm on it's head and has introduced some personality to Android. HTC and Motorola are struggling perhaps they should take a page out of Sammy's hippie, lsd induced crazy talk to spark some interest in their handsets :)

EDIT: Sony is looking fantastic if you are looking to buy a handset from them. Not only because of the hardware but the support they are going to offer is second to none.They are on the ball.

15. Howardmgm3

Howardmgm3 Member

Ratings:
    +2

I just do not understand this mindset....
    Great features...
    But not good because the phone is ugly....
    What???
    Uh...if the phone was better looking would you pick up more women?
    Is an ugly phone going to keep you from getting that big promotion??
    I want features and more importantly RECEPTION!!
    Why would I care for one second how the phone looks??
    I just don't get it....

• Like Like x 1
Search tags for this page

galaxy 111s

galaxy s 111

galaxy111s
galaxy111s.com
samsun 111 s
samsung 111 s

samsung galaxy 111s

samsung galaxy 111s actual size
samsung galaxy111s