Samsung Galaxy S III Officially Announced

52brandon

Reaction score
I wonder if the radio will be as bad as the gnex? If so this thing will be an epic fail like the gnex! Samsung hardware is ****. Im going to hold out for moto's next offering.

Mek's X
??? I've never had radio issues on my galaxy nexus...

kparks

Reaction score
cereal killer said:
I think I'm the only one who is totally impressed with everything Samsung did today :) The commericial is sheer brilliance in my opinion and the handset has revolutionized Android. To me this day has proved to me it's not about the specs anymore, its about the capabilities. In my opinion Samsung has raised the bar so high that the other Android manufacturers have their work cut out for them. I'd rate the whole presentation an A+ and what they did with this handset an A+++++.

Color me very impressed. This phone is going to be the iPhones only competitor. The SGSIII in my opinion makes every other Android smartphone look stale. One X, great phone but it's "been there done that" in my opinion. I do think Motorola will come along and surprise us though, we'll see. Overall I'm standing by my comments, the Galaxy SIII has revolutionized Android.

Fanboy hahaha!

Narsil

Silver Member
Reaction score
49459d1335376815t-asus-fifth-place-.jpg

mgrande

Reaction score
If the phone can last a whole day in the 2100 mah battery than great! We'll have to see what kind of battery saving software it has.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez

We'd like to announce that we have a sister site dedicated entirely to the "Next Galaxy" phone from Samsung, the Galaxy S3 at S3Forums.com

Be sure to visit and register if you are interested in the Samsung Galaxy S3. See you there! :D

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
If this is out in the US before the Journal, I'll definitely pick it up. I want to see what the Journal is like as I absolutely love the GNote. If it was on Verizon, I would have it.

I personally loved the way Samsung showed this phone off at the keynote, everything made the phone look so ellegant. And I for one like the commercial as well. At first I was convinced the phone was underwhelming, and now.. I still think that. But only in terms as it is not AS good as we all hoped. I'm dissapointed it's pentile, and I wanted the 12mp camera just based on the fact as that would really set it aside in terms of specs against other phones such as the iPhone. Even though megapixels are not everything, on a sheet of paper it's definitely a factor.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
the One X and the GS3 has some nice features I hope makes it to other manufactures. I dont know what ppl were expecting...I didnt follow the rumors and whatnot....but I was impressed too.

I kinda stopped chasing specs when the Droid X1 came out...forgot somewhat when the G Nex and Rezound came out....and I got burned...lol.

"Never Again" to chasing specs. The best battery life....and reception, call quality....gets my money. Who that will be in the near future remains to be seen. But the best battery life will definitely get my money. With maybe a spec or two chased here n there..:happy3:

Escobar

Reaction score
cereal killer said:
I think I'm the only one who is totally impressed with everything Samsung did today :) The commericial is sheer brilliance in my opinion and the handset has revolutionized Android. To me this day has proved to me it's not about the specs anymore, its about the capabilities. In my opinion Samsung has raised the bar so high that the other Android manufacturers have their work cut out for them. I'd rate the whole presentation an A+ and what they did with this handset an A+++++.

Color me very impressed. This phone is going to be the iPhones only competitor. The SGSIII in my opinion makes every other Android smartphone look stale. One X, great phone but it's "been there done that" in my opinion. I do think Motorola will come along and surprise us though, we'll see. Overall I'm standing by my comments, the Galaxy SIII has revolutionized Android.

Wooooooooooooooooow fanboiii for sure pal.

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
Sammy really impressed me today, I guess I'm not sure what the definition of fanboyism is in your eyes. Care to esplain lucy?

To each his own, but the whole "made for humans" mantra reeks of hippie, lsd-induced crazy talk. Their ideas are completely disjointed from the SGSII. The SII was a challenge to the iPhone: "we at Samsung can do beautiful just as well as you Apple, and give our customers a true total package." This is just a joke. We love nature, so here's our phone that thinks it's a pebble. This is seriously supposed to be the next step from the SGSII, the Galaxy S, and the Note? There is nothing progressive or beautiful about this phone. Great features, hideous shell. The finish literally could not look any cheaper. Again, Sony just jumped to the top of the list for me, and HTC is back in the running. I will not be buying this phone in its current form.

Seriously, at least phones like the Nexus might not be for all, but they aren't nearly so polarizing. I dislike everything about iOS, but the shell it's in is pretty close to perfection, hatred of the innards or no. This phone shows a total disconnect from what I and many others assumed Samsung was going for, at least that's my .02

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
To each his own, but the whole "made for humans" mantra reeks of hippie, lsd-induced crazy talk. Their ideas are completely disjointed from the SGSII. The SII was a challenge to the iPhone: "we at Samsung can do beautiful just as well as you Apple, and give our customers a true total package." This is just a joke. We love nature, so here's our phone that thinks it's a pebble. This is seriously supposed to be the next step from the SGSII, the Galaxy S, and the Note? There is nothing progressive or beautiful about this phone. Great features, hideous shell. The finish literally could not look any cheaper. Again, Sony just jumped to the top of the list for me, and HTC is back in the running. I will not be buying this phone in its current form.
Thats what made the device and presentation stand-out for me. This was a truly unique Android presentation in my opinion. We are no longer impressed by specs anymore because there is NOTHING that anyone can release right now that will blow US away. The mention of a Quad Core in 2010 had people dizzy and falling all over themselves, today there is "nothing progressive" about this phone. All the "wow look at that" tech is still a ways off and when that hits we'll be yawning longing for the phone that defy's gravity. It's an endless cycle that leads to letdown. That very mindset is reflected in this thread, and there's nothing wrong with it. It is what it is.

Your average consumer will love what Samsung is doing. It's not a mistake they are the premier Android handset maker in the world. You don't get that way by playing the same old tune like a lot of the manufacturers have been doing. Lets face it, Android has gotten stale and the only thing we all cling to is specs. Samsung has just flipped that paradigm on it's head and has introduced some personality to Android. HTC and Motorola are struggling perhaps they should take a page out of Sammy's hippie, lsd induced crazy talk to spark some interest in their handsets :)

EDIT: Sony is looking fantastic if you are looking to buy a handset from them. Not only because of the hardware but the support they are going to offer is second to none.They are on the ball.

Howardmgm3

Reaction score
Great features, hideous shell. The finish literally could not look any cheaper. Again, Sony just jumped to the top of the list for me, and HTC is back in the running. I will not be buying this phone in its current form.

Seriously, at least phones like the Nexus might not be for all, but they aren't nearly so polarizing. I dislike everything about iOS, but the shell it's in is pretty close to perfection, hatred of the innards or no. This phone shows a total disconnect from what I and many others assumed Samsung was going for, at least that's my .02

I just do not understand this mindset....
Great features...
But not good because the phone is ugly....
What???
Uh...if the phone was better looking would you pick up more women?
Is an ugly phone going to keep you from getting that big promotion??
I want features and more importantly RECEPTION!!
Why would I care for one second how the phone looks??
I just don't get it....