Samsung Unveiling the next Galaxy phone May 3rd in London - Could it be the S III?

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez

meetgalaxy.jpg

Tweakers.net (a very large and established European gadget site) has received an invite to a Samsung event on May 3rd. There’s nothing explicitly mentioning the Galaxy S III, but given that the invite says “come and meet the next Galaxy” it surely must be referring to it right? A May 3rd announcement would give Samsung enough time to roll out the device for a May 22nd launch -- a date that has been hanging around for over a month now.

The event is taking place in London and Samsung will be broadcasting a live stream of the announcement. According to the e-mail Tweakers.net received, the stream will be on Samsung Mobile's Facebook Page.

I really hope this phone hits Verizon. Would you guys get one if it comes to Big Red?

Source: Galaxy Forums via Android Police via Tweakers.net

armeddroid

Reaction score
I hope it comes to VZ. Was hoping for an X or an S from HTC but it looks bleak.
If Samsung brings the S3 to VZ, I'll def cop it.
My concern is the GPS. I hear it's not that great on Samsung. It's a must have for me.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
Since I just got the Gnex, prolly not; but I'd be tempted.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
I think it would be a good move as the Galaxy Nexus wasn't that great of a phone. Not a terrible phone, but not amazing like the hype made it out to be. I so so so want the SGSIII but am on verizon so not holding my breath. time will tell.

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I love my GNex, but if this comes to Verizon and loves up to the hype, I'm getting this regardless. It'll get attention like the Gnex, if not a lot more than, so I'll be good. I'm excited for this.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

npro1464

Reaction score
I figure it will launch in May/June, spend the summer in Europe, come to the US in late fall and hopefully drop in VZW in Dec/Jan just in time for my upgrade! I really do think the phone will come to Verizon. The S2 didnt come to Verizon because the Nexus was coming out at the same time. On the flipside, I dont expect Verizon to get the next Nexus device after the botched up job they did with launching this one. Delaying the launch over a stupid squabble over who's credit card service will be used for the Nexus's NFC capabilities probably doesn't sit well with Google.

Narsil

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm up for a new phone in June. Hopefully VZW will have something impressive for me...

I was far less than happy with how quickly VZW disowned the "flagship" Thunderbolt. :icon_evil:

52brandon

Reaction score
I think it would be a good move as the Galaxy Nexus wasn't that great of a phone. Not a terrible phone, but not amazing like the hype made it out to be. I so so so want the SGSIII but am on verizon so not holding my breath. time will tell.
what isn't that great about the Galaxy Nexus? I freaking love mine