[Rumor] Samsung Galaxy S III May Launch in April

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Samsung_Galaxy_S_III_I9500_concept-render.png
The above picture is a concept render from Concept-Phones.com

There is a new rumor hitting the interweb that Samsung may be poised to launch the Samsung Galaxy S III as early as April in order to preempt the coming of the iPhone 5. Supposedly, sources from Samsung’s marketing and advertising agency, Cheil Worldwide, are planning for a marketing campaign in the UK to coincide with this year’s summer Olympics, in London, England. The report comes directly from ZDNet Korea so it could have some real teeth to it. We will keep our eye on this one and inform you if we find out anything concrete!

What do you guys think of this news? Would it be too soon, or worth the timing?

Source: PhanDroid

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
Boy, that is a beautiful phone. And it appears that you can mod the soft keys on stock...unless it makes you have the dialer as a soft key? It also has that search key that people complained about on the Nexus. Lol.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
well which is it? launch in May or April?? :biggrin: bad joke is bad lol
It's a May launch in April. Meaning a May launch but it will technically be April. Leap year and everything. Make sense?

JaylisJayP

Reaction score
So do they count the soft keys as part of the screen size like they do for the Nexus?

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
Boy, that is a beautiful phone. And it appears that you can mod the soft keys on stock...unless it makes you have the dialer as a soft key? It also has that search key that people complained about on the Nexus. Lol.

That's a mock-up that someone made. It's not the actual phone. No one knows what this phone is going to look like yet.

loki993

Reaction score
When they say launch though does that mean everywhere? How long would it take to filter to the carriers? At least a little while Id imagine and then that even if Verizon decides they want it. They passed on the GSII, whats to say they wont pass on this one too.

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
That's a mock-up that someone made. It's not the actual phone. No one knows what this phone is going to look like yet.

Thanks for that, I was going to ask where this image came from. First, it has almost no bezel, and almost no edge. I was like that this had to either be the dream phone, or a mockup.

edit: I didn't see that it was Concept-Phones.com. I need to open my eyes wider next time.:blink:

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
Is the Clock widget real or also a concept?

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Is the Clock widget real or also a concept?

That's a great question. I intend that it is real, because that is a great looking clock widget!

loki993

Reaction score
Will this phone even come to VZ?

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Noone knows yet, but my gut honestly tells me no. Im not getting my hopes up. They will probably pass on it like they did with the GSII and say they already have a comparable samsung phone, ie the Nexus.