Samsung Galaxy S III Officially Announced

Discussion in 'Android News' started by dgstorm, May 3, 2012.

1. osirhis

osirhis New Member

Or just install an alternative home screen like Nova, Go, Apex, etc.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2
  2. patmw123

patmw123 New Member

Stock Android OTAs are what I prefer. Having the option to run either a non-skinned Google OTA, or any of the various ROM & kernel choices is the best option to have in my opinion when it comes to Android.
  3. Mamba94

Mamba94 New Member

I agree I don't understand all of the hate. I think it looks great!
  4. jntdroid

jntdroid DF Super Moderator Premium Member

There's only so much you can do to differentiate design in these little devices... while maintaining some sort of ergonomic integrity (though some have ignored that!).
  5. jroc

jroc Well-Known Member

That lg phone with newer screen tech and 2gb ram???

Wow...I may wind up holding on to my current phone for 2+ years until a phone I really want comes out.
  6. kparks

kparks Active Member

What exactly android did they bring other than a android device.. It's a ics phone running some god awful UI that's it.. I really don't see where ur coming from.?? And obviously this site is pro gs3 cuz 1min after it was revealed all these visit our sister site gs3 forums post started showing up and no administration has said anything bad about it. . I never remember that happening before so tell me exactly what they did to revolutionize android cuz u already admitted there radio is garbage and didn't bring anything new or different!
  7. mgrande

mgrande Member

Hows the battery life on the one x? Not that it matters a whole since I'm on verizon.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
  8. navy

navy New Member

If a little bigger ,it will be another note. Frankly I don't like that.
  9. bens42608

bens42608 New Member

There's nothing game changing about the SGSIII. its cool but its nothing new really

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
  10. tc1

tc1 Member

So is it coming to Verizon or not?
  11. armeddroid

armeddroid New Member

One X is bad ass. I tested the ATT model a week before preorders were allowed and the phone is sweet. The phone reminds me of the SGS2 in terms of size and it's weight. Sense 4.0 doesn't operate exactly the same as the previous versions. ICS and Sense work very well together and it seems like both applications are evident. You will see Sense working at one point then you can see ICS hence why reviews are stating Sense 4.0 is not as overbearing as previous versions.
    As for the battery life, during the timeframe I was messing with it, I didn't notice any drain for over an hour of just playing with it. Then a tiny percentage dropped. Like 2%.
    Overall I really liked One X. I want one but rumor states it's not on VZ. HTC via Twitter told me that only the Incredible will be going to VZ. Currently I'm rocking a TBolt and I have been waiting to see what HTC will do for VZ in reference to the HTC One series. I'm extremely disappointed in the Incredible 4G LTE named variant for VZ due to the changes of the physical appearance from Eur to US.
    Thas all, for me, aesthetically, the Incredible is ugly,

I am also upset for the amt of memory and the integrated battery that the One X gets. 10Gb of usable external memory? My TBolt came with 32gb, and it's expandable. I can switch my battery to a bigger one while the One X lacks in this practicality.
    Sure my test on the One X didn't seem to lose any juice but it wasn't activated so no 4G speed tests, internet, YouTube, games etc. So I can't really speak too much on battery life but I'm still disappointed about the memory and the integrated battery.
    I still want the option to change this out.
    So overall, I love the One X aside from those 2 practical options. As for the new SGS3 which is rumored to come to VZ according to BGR's article, I want to def test that first before I render judgment but I have a feeling SGS3 will beat the One X in terms of what an Android user wants.

For some, I can see this won't be an upgrade while others will view it as such but overall "on paper" the SGS3 beats the One X and the IPhone 4S.

As for the people who are writing off a phone without physically testing the phone itself is just stupid.
    Can't make a comparison to the X and SGS3 unless you gave each a test run. Until you do, ALL of them are considered to "sound good on paper."

*Apologies to the off topic subject.
    1 person likes this.
  12. BenLand150

BenLand150 Premium Member Premium Member

Most people on these forums take that risk.. it's a main reason we buy these phones. And it's not hard to do, and if you "break" it, which I highly doubt you would, there's ways to restore it. If I get this its being rooted asap.
    1 person likes this.
  13. 2ns

2ns New Member

Just read that there is a stylus for the s3, not sure if it is an included accessory. Unfortunately it seems to be a different design than the Note's pen with a much bigger rubber tip which would make it much clumsier. It's called the C Pen.

Samsung Galaxy S3 C-Pen stylus and accessories revealed | CNET UK

The rubber ones I've used did not work very well. I'm very disappointed from the sound of it but I guess I'll have to wait and see.
  14. Narsil

Narsil Active Member

I bought one of these on a buy-one-get-one coupon and it is absolutely fantastic. It's worth $10. The tip is capacitive fabric, not rubber, and glides across the screen with no grabby stuttering like the rubbers one do sometimes.
  15. 2ns

2ns New Member

I'll be on the lookout for one to try. Thanks.
  16. MissionImprobable

MissionImprobable Well-Known Member

I hate the fat tips on most styluses now. Doesn't matter if they grab or not, they don't allow for any fine control. The least expensive one I could find with a tip that's useful for drawing is $40 or so, but I guess you get what you pay for.
  17. 2ns

2ns New Member

I agree, the one on the note looks to have a fine tip. I think the one for the S3 said 3mm.:mad:
  18. mgrande

mgrande Member

So I know the exynos is supposed to be good on battery life, but what about the snapdragon 4 that verizon will get?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
Search tags for this page

galaxy 111s

galaxy s 111

galaxy111s

galaxy111s.com
samsun 111 s
samsung 111 s

samsung galaxy 111s

samsung galaxy 111s actual size
samsung galaxy s 111s
samsung galaxy111s