Samsung Galaxy S Duos 2 Draining 100% to 15% in 30 seconds.

applejuice

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S Duos 2
My phone/device is a Samsung Galaxy S Duos 2, I have been experiencing this problem since January, at times, when it's just on my pocket, it would vibrate, so I'll take it out to check just to find out that it had shut down, when I turned it on, it was at 2%, I'm 100% sure I fully charged it, this happened more than so many times. When it drains to 0, sometimes, without my charger, I will have to wait until I get home, but once I get home and charge it, I see that it still has like 50% more battery.

There are also times when I'm just using it for facebook/text messaging when the screen buttons (the ones beside the home button) would suddenly go crazy like being pressed when I already put it down, and then I would notice the battery charge ticking away, it can drain like 100% in just mere seconds that I have to rush to get my charger, once I plug the charger, everything would go back to normal.

It would even sometimes drain at night at 100% waking up to a seriously drained cellphone. My room is air conditioned by the way, if that helps suggestions.

I checked my battery and found out that it had a small bulge on it, so I went ahead and bought me a new battery.

I thought it was all over, having a new battery, but it still keeps happening. I had to install Battery Doctor and CM Clean to try to fix the problem, but still, nothing works, I even set the "Do not keep activities" in Developer Options to make sure nothing else is running except the app I'm using, but it still persists, it keeps draining, and when it drains, it messes up my screen buttons.

Suggestions? Comments? Help!?
Sorry, I cant show any screenshots, I'd try but it won't take screenshots when draining.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Welcome to the forum @applejuice!
You didn't mention a factory data reset ..have you tried that yet? I don't have any experience with Dr Battery, but you might give GSam Battery a try. Let it run normally for a couple days and this will help to determine if you've got a wake lock issue or a rouge app.
Hang in there and hopefully we can get some more suggestions for you.
Good luck!

S5 tap'n

KaosMaster

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
SCH-I545 Galaxy S4 (Verizon)
First of all @cr6 is right! I would back everything up and perform a Factory Data Reset...if that doesn't work, then a Kies repair will be needed. And make sure you charge the device to 100% with device off before performing your reset

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Before going through all that, I would try a meter training. Power the phone off completely, plug into the charger and allow it to charge to 100% (a minimum of 3.5 Hours). Then use until the meter says battery is low and tells you to plug into the charger. Then power off completely again and charge to 100% with power off again.

Then use normally and see of you continue to experience the meter issues.

OP
applejuice

applejuice

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S Duos 2
@cr6 : I will consider that advice.

@FoxCat : I have tried that. It wont last long for more than 15 minutes. It will start to countdown, and then I will have to charge it again.

And my phone did that sh*t again. I slept with 100% waking up to turned off cellphone. I turned it on, I saw 2%. I was so annoyed that I just let it be and ate breakfast first. After I ate, I plugged in the charger (phone is still off) and it shows a battery gauge with more than 50% battery left.

OP
applejuice

applejuice

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S Duos 2
But still, thanks, all the websites, this is the only place which replied. :(

KaosMaster

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I have seen this once before, and it required a whole reprogramming of the device multiple times to fix the issue. But the next thing I can tell you...is charge it to 100% and then if the device turns off, then just turn it back on...let it drain...keep doing this till the device screen doesn't turn on...then charge again to 100% with device on. That may fix your bug!

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I have seen this once before, and it required a whole reprogramming of the device multiple times to fix the issue. But the next thing I can tell you...is charge it to 100% and then if the device turns off, then just turn it back on...let it drain...keep doing this till the device screen doesn't turn on...then charge again to 100% with device on. That may fix your bug!
This is the last alternative solution. By letting it shut off on its own it sets the low battery flag. Then turning it back on if there is still power it says, hey wait, that glad is wrong and then it runs until it has no power again. It may do this several times as @kaos mentioned. This is a last resort before reprogramming but can fix it. The phone is confused because of voltages not matching what it sees as the battery's life profile. It will default to the profile and indicate low power prematurely.

OP
applejuice

applejuice

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S Duos 2
Factory Reset didn't work, I think it made it worse, back then, it would wait until it drains to 0% and then shut down, this time, even at above 20%, it will shut down.

I installed GSam, I'm not sure if you guys meant for it to fix my phone, but I saw a battery graph, so I'll show you my nightmares.
Screenshot_2015-04-22-20-32-24.png
Screenshot_2015-04-22-20-32-54.png

OP
applejuice

applejuice

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S Duos 2
I don't know how the temperatures got that high, I'm not even using it, there's good signal. Room temperature is I don't know, airconditioned works fine?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Wow, that's messed up for sure. Geez. Do you still have a warranty on this phone? Another thing as KAOS mentioned, re-flashing may be a solution but I'm not comfortable with a phone that acts that strangely ever being right again. That's just my opinion and you're welcome to yours as are others here who may have something to add. I would go the route of replacement if that's an option for you, and that's just me.

KaosMaster

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
It sounds like a Kies Restore is in order here! I would charge the device to 100% then use Kies 3 to "update and reset to factory".

Once it completes, leave it plugged in to the computer, turn the device off, and charge until it displays 100%

If you need personal assistance I am willing to help you out

KaosMaster

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
@FoxKat, if you have any devices that are not functioning...I would be glad to demonstrate for your learning curve!! ;) you might be surprised!!

Last edited:

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Factory Reset didn't work, I think it made it worse, back then, it would wait until it drains to 0% and then shut down, this time, even at above 20%, it will shut down.

I installed GSam, I'm not sure if you guys meant for it to fix my phone, but I saw a battery graph, so I'll show you my nightmares.View attachment 74714 View attachment 74715
GSam is not meant to resolve your battery issues., but to show you what is draining your battery. You'll need to reset it and make sure the preferences are set to "since last full charge". Let it run for a full day while using your device normally. Then show us screen shots that will look similar to these. (But different results obviously)
uN9xH4M.png

zDcaQ03.png

Hang in there....hopefully we can help you figure this mystery out.

S5 tap'n

Last edited:

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
When you did the factory data reset, did you auto-download all your old apps? I ask because one of them may not be playing nice. Just a shot in the dark. The advice from my fellows is all sound. :)

Please let us know how things go.

Reactions: cr6