Droid 2 global stops charging when battery is full

egarcia9484

Reaction score
i had a droid 2 global but the screen broke, i filled a warranty claim and i got a new droid 2 global.

but now this "new" phone i got, came with a broken media speaker(which i can do without and im not to worried about it) and when i plug it in to charge it will charge up to 100% then it is like it disconnects the charger and starts runnin on battery even while still plugged in.

now this is a problem because when i plug it in at night i wake up to a quarter or half drained battery.

does anyone know what might be the problem here??

kingsway8605

Reaction score
i had a droid 2 global but the screen broke, i filled a warranty claim and i got a new droid 2 global.

but now this "new" phone i got, came with a broken media speaker(which i can do without and im not to worried about it) and when i plug it in to charge it will charge up to 100% then it is like it disconnects the charger and starts runnin on battery even while still plugged in.

now this is a problem because when i plug it in at night i wake up to a quarter or half drained battery.

does anyone know what might be the problem here??

Verizon doesn't repair their refurbished phones, they just ship the defects back out. You are out of luck, every one you get is going to have an issue.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

PetRiLJoe

Reaction score
I'm fairly sure that is how a standard lithium ion battery charges. It will "disconnect" as you say and appear to no longer be charging because over charging a lithium ion battery decreases the overall battery life. This is why you shouldn't leave your phone on the car charger all day. It should resume a charging state once the phone loses at least ten percent battery life, bouncing back and fourth between full charge and slightly under full charge.

If this isn't the case and you are having some issue with actually charging the phone, please correct me. Does your phone still charge?
* Edit *

Just saw how low your battery life was in the morning after it had been on charge during the night.

Your battery could be damaged, try a new battery, our perhaps you can swap with a spouse or friend with the same phone for a day (battery only) to see if you can narrow down the issue.
If possible try plugging the charger into a different wall outlet of a different room. If possible try an different charger. I'm only suggesting these things because they are a lot easier and faster than getting a replacemet for your replacement phone.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

OP
E

egarcia9484

Reaction score
Okay. So the battery I have in the "new" phone is the same I had in the one before, and the old phone had no problem charging and stayed at 100% through the night. But with this phone it doesn't.

And I have tried severe wall plugs and 2 pcs all do the same. When it reaches 100% it stops charging and runs on battery life.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

PetRiLJoe

Reaction score
If you used Asurion to replace your phone I would get on the phone with them as soon as possible to have it replaced. The sooner the better. I wish I could help more.

OP
E

egarcia9484

Reaction score
well it was a warranty replacement not with asurion. but i talked to verizon a little bit ago and they said that i will have another phone shipped to me soon. lets just hope this one actually works

Byakushiki

Reaction score
Don't expect too much of their quality control. I mean, when I got my d2g, new, an led was broken on it. Dunno how, it just was. Sadly.

OP
E

egarcia9484

Reaction score
Well if they give me another broken phone I will just tell them to replace it. That is wat I did with this replacement one and I got them to send another.