1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Droid X Battery Drainage Problems

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by zachcura, Feb 21, 2012.

1. zachcura

zachcura New Member

I recently bought a new battery to replace the original battery that came with my Droid X. The original battery just deteriorated over time and it is no longer functional now. However, I noticed a few problems with it. First of all, I noticed that it rarely charges to 100% with the phone on. It would drain down to 70%, stay there for a while, and then continue to drain from there even with little to no usage. Second of all, the battery would drain while my phone was still on the charger. I don't understand how the battery would discharge instead of recharging while my phone was still on the charger. Third of all, when I turn my phone off the battery always charges to 100%. I don't understand why it can't do this with the phone on. Is there anyone else who owns a Droid X who has had these battery problems? I read something on the internet that doing a factory reset on the phone would correct the battery drainage problem. But I don't know how true that is. This battery drainage is really getting on my nerves. Please help!
Search tags for this page
factory original battery for droid x

installing new battery droid x

verizon droid x replacement battery