Samsung Continuum and LG Vortex coming October 29th

J

JohnDroid

samsung-continuum.jpg

It looks like Droid Life busted out another interesting piece of news. The Samsung Continuum (Specs Samsung Continuum Specs) which is a slightly odd-shaped, dual-screened phone will be released on October 29th for Verizon. In addition the LG Vortex, a mid-level phone will also be released at the same time.

It's an exciting time right now for both Verizon customers and Android in general. Verizon has been the biggest promoter of Android phones so we've seen some huge growth which is good for everyone, it really brings up the level of competition. Now we've got some big releases coming out, both the above as well as the Droid Pro, Droid 2 Global, HTC Merge.... exciting times indeed!

(Source: Droid Life)

mikehal38

Reaction score
Do we have specs on the continuum?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

cpjr

Reaction score
Splitting the screen like that looks 10% cool.....and 90% dumb.

Adam_Reynolds

Reaction score
Is this Samsung Continuum more powerful than the Fascinate I'm about to probably buy in a few days?

Scott2373

Reaction score
It's a still a 1GHz Hummingbird, but has less memory. My guess would be it's not quite as fast based on the memory.

Jmart922

Reaction score
^^^ also wondering the same thing with phones having 512 and the desire HD having over 700mb of ram

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Splitting the screen like that looks 10% cool.....and 90% dumb.

I vote dumb. It's pointless when I have widgets that can tell me the weather, time and stocks. Samsung -1 for 2 screens.
Also about 128mb of memory seems to be reserved for graphics.

Trying out Sprint for a month. Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk. 4G is pointless when you don't live in one of the few available network areas.