Verizon February 2011 Rebate Details Leak

crazyivan

Reaction score
A quick check over on verizonwireless.com shows the D2 global for $199 for a 2 year contract, no rebate. Wasn't it $299-$100 mail in rebate the other day?

Mojo

Reaction score
The only reason that VZW is moving away from mail in rebates is because its a move to make pricing more standard accross the board. It has been something that has been looked at for a while. And yes... prices on phones did drop today. You can go into any VZW corp store or agent channell and pick up that shiney new Droid X for 199.99 upfront cost :). This is a not a temporary thing...

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ok, the ppl that got it in stores had to deal with MIR, right? For the past few years I always got my phones from them at their website just because the rebate was instant at their site. Or it was called an "Online Special".

So, on their website there will be no more Online Specials too?

Stevessvt

Reaction score
What if they drop the price from $299-$100MIR with $199-$50MIR? Nothing is mentioned about if the base price is changing.

1linuxfreak

Reaction score
Love verizon's policy changes lately. Really looking out for their customers.

-No more early upgrade on a 2 yr contract
-No more unlimited data
-Your phone has hotspot app, but it's extra
-The next phone you buy will be more expensive

+Hey, we lowered the insurance by $1.00/month, awesome! Oh, but the deductible went up though. sorry

Am I missing anything?
-Oh yeah 4G data plans will be higher too. thanks
Couldn't agree more, for the ones that defend this they are surely invested in VZW Stock and stand to profit from the changes.
It is all about "profit", VZW makes billions and billions, up and above any investments, yet they want us to believe they are just barely scraping by , PLEASE .
If you defend VZW it only proves you are a sheep and bah-lieve the lies.
Trust me VZW is still making billions .
My $.02

datsyuk

Reaction score
The prices that come from these cell phone carriers are absolutely disgusting. I can't wait to see how much the 4g plans are going to cost after I pay an arm and a leg to get my 4g android phone.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

GOON

Reaction score
i like turtles.

and i sell phones online and they usually sel for top dollar becuase people dont want to pay in store to renew contract... now i dont know whats gunna happen :eek:

Benjamin Stone

Reaction score
I work for a vzw indirect retailer. I'm being told to price the D2G, DX, and Fascinate at $199.99 in-store, no rebate. Boss said to price it like an online instant discount.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

crazyivan

Reaction score
Let me preface this by saying I own no verizon stock, nor do I agree with their stance on net neutrality or their BS price increases and anti consumer actions. I am with Verizon because all of my family is with them and they have the best service in my house. If T-mobile had better coverage I'd gladly switch to them.

That being said, do we have any actual evidence of them jacking up the price on phones? or that LTE will be significantly more expensive? It seems all we have is rumors and speculation. With regards to everyone who is saying that Verizon will be raising the price of their smartphones to $299, what proof do you have? I am not trying to be beligerent, i am seriously asking for evidence. The only data I have right now is what i see on the verizonwireless website, which actually shows new smartphones are being priced at $199, the same price they have been selling for after $100 mail in rebate. As far as LTE pricing goes, we don't have any information on plans because that information hasnt been released. Again, all we have are rumors and a lot of people adding their own speculation and calling it fact. We don't know whats going to happen, and we won't until the plans are released. Remember over the summer when everyone was "sure" VZW was getting rid of unlimited data at the end of July? We were all freaking out, but the rumor was false. It didnt happen. So lets just step back for a minute and stop crying the sky is falling and lets wait for some hard evidence one way or another.

PikaCane

Reaction score
^+10.

Incidentally, TMo, at least in-store, has a relatively publicized arrangement to pay retail on a phone and get a cheaper, non-contract plan. They will even give you a layaway of sorts on the phone. Got told about it at length last month when I went in out of curiosity :)

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Let me preface this by saying I own no verizon stock, nor do I agree with their stance on net neutrality or their BS price increases and anti consumer actions. I am with Verizon because all of my family is with them and they have the best service in my house. If T-mobile had better coverage I'd gladly switch to them.

That being said, do we have any actual evidence of them jacking up the price on phones? or that LTE will be significantly more expensive? It seems all we have is rumors and speculation. With regards to everyone who is saying that Verizon will be raising the price of their smartphones to $299, what proof do you have? I am not trying to be beligerent, i am seriously asking for evidence. The only data I have right now is what i see on the verizonwireless website, which actually shows new smartphones are being priced at $199, the same price they have been selling for after $100 mail in rebate. As far as LTE pricing goes, we don't have any information on plans because that information hasnt been released. Again, all we have are rumors and a lot of people adding their own speculation and calling it fact. We don't know whats going to happen, and we won't until the plans are released. Remember over the summer when everyone was "sure" VZW was getting rid of unlimited data at the end of July? We were all freaking out, but the rumor was false. It didnt happen. So lets just step back for a minute and stop crying the sky is falling and lets wait for some hard evidence one way or another.

+20...lol .................................

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
Prices aren't going up. They're just doing away with mir and letting people pay the same price as online. There was an article on Phandroid about it the other day so just chill out.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState

Very well said!!!!:clap: