rumors of iphone to verizon tomorrow...

Edmvr6

Reaction score
I've always said I love my droid but always wanted an Iphone, the only reason I never got one was because at&t... if and when it comes I will decide, I doubt they will anounce anything tomm though.

asmallchild

Reaction score
As much as I love the Droid, it would be hard for me to not switch to a VZW iPhone being a Mac user. Integration is so much tighter and I'm not quite tech-savvy enough to take advantage of all the rooting and open platform benefits that Android offers.

tanqueray

Reaction score
Seriously, folks, the Droid is nowhere near ready for prime time as a business device. And that's why Blackberry sales continue to be strong even in a recession. The Droid is a delightful toy and can be used for business, but compared to Blackberries (and even WM devices), it's not even in the same league.

I think BBM has a big part in Blackberry continuing to sale. As crazy as it sounds I have many many friends and friends of theirs switch to Blackberry for connecting with other buddies on BBM and most of them came from Sidekick LX etc.

Many people love to stay connected with all their friends.

jase

Reaction score
I do love me some iPhone. It's a fantastic, user friendly device with a huge app store and accessory support beyond compare. I've lusted for one since it came out.

But after a month with the Droid, I wouldn't make the switch to an iPhone. While the iPhone app store is still superior, the Droid wins in many other respects. It's got a far better screen, and it's more a more open platform. Did I mention the screen? Or the screen? It still makes my jaw drop.

Bring the iPhone to Verizon. I'd like to see it happen! But unless the hardware gets a significant bump to catch up to the Droid, I'll stick with what I have. The Droid is the first phone I've ever been satisfied with. iPhone would need some upgrades to compete.

tarleet

Reaction score
LOL. Who in their right mind would go from a phone with an 854x480 3.7" screen to a 320x480 3.6" screen? The pixels on the iPhone are HUGE by comparison, screw that, I could NEVER downgrade.
I agree! That was one of the first reasons why i wanted the droid. I played with my cousins and as soon as the saw the resolution I ordered mine.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Everyone that I had turned on to BB now complain every time I see them about the browser and data outages. If E-mail is your game then yes, a BB is top notch, but it's not a great 'consumer device'
Fool me once shame on you, Fool me twice... well you know. :byestorm:

Mysfit

Reaction score
No, I would not go back to the iPhone right now, even if Verizon had it. I like my open Droid, and Android is gonna explode in the near future!

this, right now the droid lacks apps but that will and is changing fast. The potential of the droid blows the iphone away with apples restrictive nature.

droidwins

Reaction score
Forget the iPhone you guys seem to be forgetting that apple is also going to be announcing the iSlate tomorrow that is going to run off the same type of OS as an iphone
(there are already big sites up with the islate name like Apple iSlate Forum - iSlate iForum - iSlate News so itll probably be called that) and based on what i read its going to be like an iphone but bigger and better and on verizons network. So stick with the droid as your phone and get your apple fix with the iSlate

52brandon

Reaction score
Always preferred pc to mac. The ipod was a great design, I didn't care for the touch so much. The iphone was great as far as possibilities but the design wasnt my thing. The android does what I like in the i phone and more and its less than half the age... android is my smartphone of choice regardless of network

Mongoose

Reaction score
The iPhone is a good device. It's simple and easy to work with and certainly takes the guesswork out of a lot of things. It also has it's drawbacks but for simplicity of use for the non-technically oriented types, I don't thnk it can be beat as evidenced by the simple fact that it IS the #1 selling smartphone.

The iPhone coming to VZN scares me. Someone else on the forum said that if the iPhones come to VZN then the migration from AT&T would be huge and iPhone users will clog up the system. I think that whoever said that is right on the money. It is what happened to AT&T which actually has a significantly faster system than VZN. Personally, I hope the iPhone stays right where it is and that AT&T will build it's system up to handle the traffic. That will cause lower prices all around and we ALL benefit.

As far as the DROID vs the iPhone...now theres an arguement that will NEVER be settled. Both phones have their pro's and con's. I'm thankful that if I'm not happy with whatever phone I am using, then I have alternatives. That and VZN's service is what brought me to the DROID. If the day comes when I'm not satisfied with either...then I can switch. Thank goodness...:icon_ devil:

mjs31

Reaction score
barring any financial penalties, would you trade your droid for an iphone?

based on being on a 2nd droid (refurb no less) and many lockups (aka force closes), i would.

Having owned a 3GS for a little while and having the opportunity to use one again Saturday night, There is no way I would go back to the Iphone. They are nice, but to controlled. I was flicking through screens again on my coworkers and realized it is just little app boxes. No widgets, no real control of what you do to your phone (yes, you can jail break it but even then you are more restricted), and just to commercial (for lack of a better word). Sorry, android is my os for a while. Even my coworker was jealous of how customizable my Droid was.

Again, nothing personal and it is a nice phone, but just not for me.

huskur

Reaction score
The iPhone is a good device. It's simple and easy to work with and certainly takes the guesswork out of a lot of things. It also has it's drawbacks but for simplicity of use for the non-technically oriented types, I don't thnk it can be beat as evidenced by the simple fact that it IS the #1 selling smartphone.

The iPhone coming to VZN scares me. Someone else on the forum said that if the iPhones come to VZN then the migration from AT&T would be huge and iPhone users will clog up the system. I think that whoever said that is right on the money. It is what happened to AT&T which actually has a significantly faster system than VZN. Personally, I hope the iPhone stays right where it is and that AT&T will build it's system up to handle the traffic. That will cause lower prices all around and we ALL benefit.

As far as the DROID vs the iPhone...now theres an arguement that will NEVER be settled. Both phones have their pro's and con's. I'm thankful that if I'm not happy with whatever phone I am using, then I have alternatives. That and VZN's service is what brought me to the DROID. If the day comes when I'm not satisfied with either...then I can switch. Thank goodness...:icon_ devil:

I totally agree with everything you said with the exception of a couple things..........Significantly faster? Faster yes but not significantly AND is only faster when in their (considerably smaller) 3G service area. Clog the system?? VZW would already have taken that into consideration if there was indeed a migration of the iphone to verizons wireless network.

The fact remains....the Iphone is a great device, matter of fact the ipod touch (iphone without calling capabilities) is a great device. I won't say anything bad about Apple, at least they are competing.

All said and done.......i will stick with the droid

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score

I totally agree with everything you said with the exception of a couple things..........Significantly faster? Faster yes but not significantly AND is only faster when in their (considerably smaller) 3G service area. Clog the system?? VZW would already have taken that into consideration if there was indeed a migration of the iphone to verizons wireless network.

The fact remains....the Iphone is a great device, matter of fact the ipod touch (iphone without calling capabilities) is a great device. I won't say anything bad about Apple, at least they are competing.

All said and done.......i will stick with the droid

These are pretty good points, i will however point out that, AT&T's infrastructure is TERRIBLE! I mean not just like haha look at that funny thing... but OMG WTF did they do.. type thing. There might be a small congestion in very very specific areas, but hell you can't even use your iphone in new york city.. take that for bad.

I've never said anything bad about apple devices, other then most of the times they are not for me. I probably would have had an iphone already if it wasn't for AT&T. AT&T is definitely not for me. They are pretty awesome devices.

That being said, the device that comes to verizon will not be the 3gs, it will be a different device from what i understand, also from what i understood the product line should be unveiled at the show later today. So lets keep our eyes open for that. I think the iphone coming to verizon will be a mixed blessing. If the device truly is an updated iphone with a newer OS or better device, it might make more of a dent, if it's the same OS with the same type device, it will still make a dent, just not as big in my opinion.

fishepa

Reaction score
If the screen resolution is the same the as the Droid on the new iPhone then yes I will switch back to an iPhone.

Magdroid

Reaction score
Well, It's been known for a while now that VZW will probably be the provider of the Apple Tablet. Set for $800 with a 2yr contract, or $1000 w/o a contract. Please remember that the iPhone is still under contract with AT&T until the end of 2011, and is in contract negotiations to push it out for 2 years after that (2013). So you could keep your fingers crossed for a iPhone on verizon...but they will probably get stuck that way..and you won't be able to use the iPhone in 3 years.