rumors of iphone to verizon tomorrow...

Reaction score
I am obviously in the minority but I would switch to the iphone tomorrow if it came to verizon. The peripheral attachments are far superior. Cars come with ipod interface. Alarm clocks with docks. On and on. I don't like the idea of giving apple money, but, the ipod is dominant and many, many companies distribute really cool accessories for them. Every time I change smart phones I have to buy all new accessories or wait for them to come out because they are phone specific. The only reason I don't have one now is my account is with verizon and I will not go to AT&T.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
OP were you ever an iphone user. The iphone 3gs gets hot they have photos of the thing turning the white case pink. If you want the iphone get it. Its a solid device and I liked it when I had it. But its far from perfect. The worse smart phone I ever used was a palm treo. It constantly froze. At first I thought it was a sprint issue, until i switched to att. I went in to an att store with my 3gs to buy a case for it, and a customer was complaining abut the phone freezing. I listen as the att rep tried to call it "user error". After she left I go up to dude and tell him I had the same issue on my palm treo and I know a bunch of people who had the same issue. He acknowledged knowing the os was a pos. To which I had to call him out for not advising the customer that is may not have been her but the phone.
Point being every device has its pros and cons. I can go back and forth about the goods and bads of both the droid and the iphone. The droid does what i want it to do and even if verizon picked up the iphone Ima stay droid.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/167495/apple_iphone_3gs_overheating_reports.html
Apple is a solid company that is posting good on the market right now. The iphone is a good device and mac is a solid computer; Just as the droid.
Im not going to bash you if you not satisfied with it I will just tell you that dont think that just because you switch to another device that it will be a utopia. In actuality you will just be giving up one feature to pick up another; ie multitasking for simplicity.

Last edited:

iPirate

Reaction score
I am obviously in the minority but I would switch to the iphone tomorrow if it came to verizon. The peripheral attachments are far superior. Cars come with ipod interface. Alarm clocks with docks. On and on. I don't like the idea of giving apple money, but, the ipod is dominant and many, many companies distribute really cool accessories for them. Every time I change smart phones I have to buy all new accessories or wait for them to come out because they are phone specific. The only reason I don't have one now is my account is with verizon and I will not go to AT&T.
any phone with an audio port will work in my car. buy better cars? :icon_eek:

I would stick with my Droid.

huskur

Reaction score
Personally, I love the Droid BUT I would think about it......for a short time.....why get the iphone unless it has better features and specs out better than the droid? You can get a ipod touch for the "apple features" you lack on the droid. Unless of course you want a all in one device. (which would be handy)

I though coming from a voyager that i would really need my physical keyboard but i have found that i don't use it much at all. The touch screen on the droid is simply awesome

Good questions OP.........i would have to dwell on it.

mtbhk44

Reaction score
Unless it's a drastically different phone than what the 3GS currrently is, I'd stay with the Droid for sure. There's way too much I like about this phone and way too much I DON'T like about the iPhone to make the switch.

That said, I'm not an Apple hater either. I'm on my 4th iPod and I love it. If it's a better phone and it's on the big red network, well, then it's something to consider when it's time to get out of this current contract I'm in.

MontyMo

Reaction score
barring any financial penalties, would you trade your droid for an iphone?

based on being on a 2nd droid (refurb no less) and many lockups (aka force closes), i would.

I am more than happy with my Droid.
I like the open source aspect. Apps not have to be approved.

Monty

G8TR

Reaction score
I have 1 of each (iPhone and Droid). I got my Droid on 11/6 when they 1st came out. I have never been happier with a phone in my life, and I've had mobile phones for 15 years. My iphone stays home, my Droid goes everywhere. I guess that answers the question for me.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score

based on being on a 2nd droid (refurb no less) and many lockups (aka force closes), i would.

Monty
The pros and cons of an open source.... Any one can make an app on the market is open for variety, innovation, and competition. The cons to the android market are apps that freeze, require battery pulls at times. The itunes market police their apps so that you can be sure that the app is going to work, that is not saying an app will not freeze, just less likely.
The developers on the android market has to deal with multiple platforms vs the developers on the itunes market.
At times I would like for android to police the market a little more, but I know that potentially can rob the user of the "open source" experience.

Last edited:
Reaction score
any phone with an audio port will work in my car. buy better cars? :icon_eek:

I would stick with my Droid.

Better cars is not the problem. I drive newer mercedes and the ipod integration is awesome. I end up with an ipod touch in the glove box. Charged while connected. Use of the steering wheel for some controls and ipod navigation on the dash screen. Droid doesn't do that. Don't read this wrong. For now, I am quite happy with the Droid but I have more loyalty to verizon than I do the Droid. The question here was posed would you switch and my answer is "yes".

dos

Reaction score

Monty
The pros and cons of an open source.... Any one can make an app on the market is open for variety, innovation, and competition. The cons to the android market are apps that freeze, require battery pulls at times. The itunes market police their apps so that you can be sure that the app is going to work, that is not saying an app will not freeze, just less likely.
The developers on the android market has to deal with multiple platforms vs the developers on the itunes market.
At times I would like for android to police the market a little more, but I know that potentially can rob the user of the "open source" experience.
Great post Pilot. I love the open source of Android, the problem is I become a bit nervous of some of the available apps that are available. After you read about some of the problems with rogue apps locking up phones, draining batteries, and even the fake bank app makes me think twice alot about downloading. I'm not saying it needs to be locked down, but it may need some mall security.

Last edited:

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
As a side note I'm hedging my bet that the iPhone will not be coming to VZW ever. It will not happen. ~CK 1/26/2010~

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I love my Droid. I will never buy an IPhone. The IPhone is NOT a smart phone it's a dumb phone with lots of applications. The Droid is a user configurable smartphone where applications can modify everything.

I don't think Verizon will ever offer it and if they do I couldn't care less - I am sticking with the Droid. If they offered me $100 to switch I would keep the Droid.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
As a side note I'm hedging my bet that the iPhone will not be coming to VZW ever. It will not happen. ~CK 1/26/2010~

CK if you think apple not bringing an iphone to vzw u dreamin bro. Apple had the edge over vzw for awhile when they didn't make the deal b4. Now that att is getting android fever. Vzw has the edge bcuz they know apple is looking to get in. And if vzw can use the advantage to get apple to cave a lil, u can bet vzw gonna bring in apple and the millions of apple fanboys with them. Vzw is trying to make money and they kno they will make it with the iphone on their network.