rumors of iphone to verizon tomorrow...

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by treo700w, Jan 26, 2010.

1. mntbikejack

mntbikejack Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I will be staying with the Droid.

2. audioman42

audioman42 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    No, I would not go back to the iPhone right now, even if Verizon had it. I like my open Droid, and Android is gonna explode in the near future!

3. Phoxus

Phoxus Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I don't support Apple nor AT&T.

4. nerdbox08

nerdbox08 Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Some phones just aren't for all people and sometimes a persistent problem can quickly sway an opinion.

I had heard so many good things about Blackberries and wanted one..... 4 BBs in less than thirty days and I decided never again.

I love my droid and it works well for me, maybe you just got a couple bad ones.

5. backlash

backlash Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Even if I could trade, phone for phone, no strings. I would keep my Droid.

6. coondogg97

coondogg97 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Classiest response I have seen on this board regarding an iPhone yet.

7. mrdroid

mrdroid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Agreed.

:greendroid:

8. M1dnite

M1dnite Member

Ratings:
    +0
    "Verizon to get Iphone" Ive heard that for years.

Plus I had an iPhone, i will never go back. You'll miss multitasking and trust me iPhone apps crash. I've had Iphone 3g and 3gs, and let me tell you Android OS is more stable, and can do a lot more.

Wth my Droid, if i dont like something, I am able to change it, I am able to get a software to change it. You'll miss it...

9. New2u

New2u Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +83
    Yes it's suppose to be far better then the 3gs from what i understand, but again all i've heard is speculation. We should find out tomorrow more about the new devices that should be coming out in the next year.

I'm not saying I will get one, but it does have some promising features if the rumors about it are true. Plus it will be on verizon. While the droid is a really awesome phone, not everyone like the learning curve (while ot much of one for me, i know many that had it). People will like what they like, i've never once said i hated the iphone, i just hate at&t. :)

10. Istus

Istus Member

Ratings:
    +0
    My biggest beef with Apple (also the great strength of Android) is that they have everything on lockdown. You can't customize, you can use different software, its always iTunes, any fixes to the phone need to be done by Apple, all software changes are painful to come by (my perspective knowing several iPhone users, I've never owned one). You are locked into their framework exclusively. Granted, they do have some slick looking hardware. Hats off to their styling department. They did a great job.

The whole point of the Android OS is to be open, allow sharing, allow customization, allow change. This is what will drive the future of smart phones and why Apple is dissolving their exclusivity agreement with AT&T. They realize they need to be able to adapt quickly and their current products can't keep up. Maybe a few years down the road after they figure out how to compete with Android for the future of the smartphone market I would consider it. Until then, I'm all Android.

11. nerdbox08

nerdbox08 Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Gonna? It already has!

Over a million units in fourth quarter

The Droid really blew up the Android market and put it on the map. We're only gonna see more of it. If they get Nexus 1 straightened out(it's launch went dismally), Android will be a sure fire OS for smartphones for a long time coming.

I wouldn't be shocked to see the other major OSs on other phones continue to fall to the side.

I think Motorola is trying to keep customer desires in mind and I think this is going to play a big part in keeping Android front of the line.

12. natediddy1120

natediddy1120 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Nope...keeping android no matter what. Im a devoted follower now...lol and besides even if the new iPhone has better specs than the Droid...you can bet your ass that the next Droid will top that if not go higher...because even if they're both on VZW, you have to keep in mind that Google is still in competition with Apple to sell there devices...