rumors of iphone to verizon tomorrow...

ipawd1

Reaction score
I dont care about all that "its under contract"

The iphone is under contract, apple can still make another device similar to the iphone, and market it to other branches.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well, It's been known for a while now that VZW will probably be the provider of the Apple Tablet. Set for $800 with a 2yr contract, or $1000 w/o a contract. Please remember that the iPhone is still under contract with AT&T until the end of 2011, and is in contract negotiations to push it out for 2 years after that (2013). So you could keep your fingers crossed for a iPhone on verizon...but they will probably get stuck that way..and you won't be able to use the iPhone in 3 years.

Actually the contract ends in June of 2010, not the end of 2010. And i doubt apple would be STUPID enough to sign another contract with AT&T. They've already had enough people jumping ship because they hate AT&T. And what do you think will make them more money? A deal with AT&T or having a phone on most major networks?

And yes the tablet is supposed to be sold by verizon but i think mainly for internet purposes. Seeing as very very very few details for it have come out, everything is speculation. Also the price tag on it is also speculation, most experts are guessing 800-1000 for the device. A few have come as low as to say 600-800, but then again until it's stated by Apple, it's not known. They have kep the lid on this very tight.

Last edited:

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score

The iphone is under contract, apple can still make another device similar to the iphone, and market it to other branches.

That's exactly what apple was planning on doing anyways from what i understand. But as stated above, you will just have to wait and watch the press release. Everything about it has been kept under major lock and key. But some have stated that the concept for some of the other phones apple was looking at making was a tiny bit smaller then the iphone 3gs, one similar with a different name, and i forgot the other one.

Magdroid

Reaction score

They can, but they won't. It would defeat the whole purpose of what Apple is trying to do. One reason why Apple is so successful is because they made a device that is stricktly 1 device (with a few upgrades. iPhone - iPhone 3G - iPhone 3GS). They make it so all hardware / wireing is compatible. Imagine if Google followed suite. How popular would that 1 phone be? How many accessories would be on the market for that 1 phone? It would quite possibly be an iPhone killer. But, they don't. There are many variations of android, many variations of android phones. So developers of hardware/software have too many choices and decisions to make. Software developers have to decide to make their software for the "Droid or N1" or if they should make it for the whole Android Community (therefore dumbing down their apps). And Hardware people like Seidio have to release MANY variations of Docks and such, instead of being able to streamline 1 case, 1 dock, and many accessories for it.

liquidzoo

Reaction score
The iPhone is a good device. It's simple and easy to work with and certainly takes the guesswork out of a lot of things. It also has it's drawbacks but for simplicity of use for the non-technically oriented types, I don't thnk it can be beat as evidenced by the simple fact that it IS the #1 selling smartphone.

Actually, the BB Curve is the #1 selling smartphone. BB has 4 of the top 6, the other 2 being the iPhone 3g and iPhone 3gs

armeddroid

Reaction score
I like the Iphone cause it is a good phone. the more I played around with it, it was nice. Apps do work pretty well.
BUT...i like the Droid better. I love to customize everything.
If Iphone comes to VZ, i am not switching. But its nice to know, that it is available.
The hell with AT&T.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score

They can, but they won't. It would defeat the whole purpose of what Apple is trying to do. One reason why Apple is so successful is because they made a device that is stricktly 1 device (with a few upgrades. iPhone - iPhone 3G - iPhone 3GS). They make it so all hardware / wireing is compatible. Imagine if Google followed suite. How popular would that 1 phone be? How many accessories would be on the market for that 1 phone? It would quite possibly be an iPhone killer. But, they don't. There are many variations of android, many variations of android phones. So developers of hardware/software have too many choices and decisions to make. Software developers have to decide to make their software for the "Droid or N1" or if they should make it for the whole Android Community (therefore dumbing down their apps). And Hardware people like Seidio have to release MANY variations of Docks and such, instead of being able to streamline 1 case, 1 dock, and many accessories for it.

I'm not saying that what i've read is right, but so far everything i've read points to apple having multiple devices. This might have just been a concept though, i can't confirm it. So lets just wait till 1pm EST (10am PST) when it starts to see what they've got up their sleeves.

ipawd1

Reaction score
So they ARE announcing news regarding it today? Like officially?

Jokool_7777

Reaction score
I Know I wouldnt...been there and done that. The iPhone is not for me. Its a nice device but Apple is behind it. Too proprietory and Apple nickel and dimes the hell out of you. I will eventually get either the next Motorola Droid, the nexus one or another Android based device but no, I will not go back to an iPhone.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
So they ARE announcing news regarding it today? Like officially?

About the phone.. not sure, i've heard they were, but they are announcing the tablet today. From what i've heard they are annoucing the new iphone layout.. now whether or not thats a whole line-up or just the 1 new model of the iphone. I have heard of nothing else so far.

http://live.twit.tv/ watch the live broadcast. I'm not 100% sure they will be on scene but from what i've seen on the schedule, they are.

EDIT: They will not be live persay but they will report on the twitter and updates from text messages

Last edited:

Nedaroth

Reaction score
Apple has no one left to turn to, ATT in the last week has said Apple and its iphone has tarnished it reputation and is happy to see it go. The only thing that has held up Apple going to Verizon is Steve Jobs greed and that being what he wants off every iphone sold.

armeddroid

Reaction score
Im curious about the Itablet.
Rumor says that it can possibly be $800 w/contract and $1000 w/o.
Geeeez!
500-600w/contract and $800 w/o is a lil more realistic.

backlash

Reaction score
Are you sure they are announcing something about an iPhone to Verizon and not their new tablet? They are announcing their new tablet today, shortly.