[Rumor] Motorola Launching Droid Turbo Next Month with Incredible Specs

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
droid-eye-circuitry.png

According to the latest scuttlebutt, Motorola isn't finished revealing awesome new smartphones. The next gen Moto X may be their current focus, but the intel we found suggests the company is set to launch the new Droid Turbo next month (October). On top of that, its internal hardware could make it the most cutting edge device has ever created.

Here is the rumored spec-list:
  • 4.6-inch quad-HD display with a resolution of 2560 x 1440 - pixel density of 640 PPI
  • 2.65 GHz Snapdragon 805 SoC
  • 3 GB RAM
  • 32 GB internal storage
  • 20 MP camera
  • Android 4.4.4 KitKat (Android L not far behind)
  • Quick-charge feature built-in (which was hinted at on the @DroidLanding Twitter page)
Supposedly, the device's internal codename is Quark. Of course, this is just rumor for now, so it's entirely possible it is fan-boy hyperbole and we could end up with less "pronounced" specs. We will keep you posted with more intel as it filters in.

Source: CNET

realged13

Reaction score
I thought I read somewhere that it is supposed to have the "Maxx" battery which would be awesome.

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Now of if only the Nexus X/6 was based off this...or is it? I forgot what the NX/6 was suppose to sport anymore.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
Three problems I see with a device.

1. They don't list battery but mention quick charge. Something tells me it will sucks juice faster then street corner hooker.
2. 20mp camera with no Expandable storage. Each picture will be 10mb in size which means that after a few hundred pics you will have to upload/download somewhere to make room.
3. Uhd display on a tiny screen. Why? Besides the fact that it will drain battery 2x faster and you will need to wear the phone like glasses to tell a difference. Again, why?

I'm not sure Lenovo purchasing moto was a sound decision for consumers.

In my opinion 1080p screen would have been more sensible, as would have been 5mp camera that isn't made by Motorola. Battery wise, there is still chance for a miracle(3000+mah).

SpeJ3435

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
64GB White Nexus 6
I'm really looking forward to this phone. I love the 4.6" screen (finally a top tier phone with a <5" screen), but I do agree with xeene that 1080p is plenty on this size of screen. If this ends up having a maxx battery I can see this thing selling like crazy.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
This might be the specs for the "Mini" version also. There very well could be two (or three) Droids in the Turbo (?) lineup...like recent years. Who knows...one with a 4.6" screen..one with a 5 or 5+" screen, etc. The last few Droid releases all had several different sizes...don't see why Moto & Verizon would stop that process in 2014. I am looking forward to seeing the new Droid lineup...whatever the name ends up being. :cool:

hotice

Reaction score
Too bad they're doing such a high resolution on such a small display 300dpi is fine, ok make it 1080p and get 400+ but 600+ is completely useless and a waste of resources. I hope there are at least two versions of the phone, a 4.6" and maybe a 5.2" or something and the 4.6" is 1080p.

Other than the display resolution overkill and the fact that there's no mention of the battery capacity, I don't care how fast it charges, it sounds great!

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
It's been argued that the specs on the display are/were reversed.. I think it may be possible to see a 4.6 inch mini.. But i doubt that the versions replacing the maxx and ultra would be below 5 inches.. Perhaps on screen buttons taking up 4/10s of an inch... Just my opinion.

jspradling7

Reaction score
Having spent much time using the G2 and the G3 and both of them using the same size battery... If they're going with that quad screen, I'm going to buy the Moto device with the biggest battery, whether it's the X or a Droid. If they don't make a Maxx this year I'll just have to wait until other people see which one gets the longest life. That screen is a silly waste of resource to me.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Having spent much time using the G2 and the G3 and both of them using the same size battery... If they're going with that quad screen, I'm going to buy the Moto device with the biggest battery, whether it's the X or a Droid. If they don't make a Maxx this year I'll just have to wait until other people see which one gets the longest life. That screen is a silly waste of resource to me.
I hope they make a maxx, because a screen like this will kill a 3000Mah battery in nothing flat.. The g3 is a battery hog if you turn up the display to anything over 30%. Perhaps android L will fix all of that.. Idk..

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I found this... Supposedly screen dimensions for the turbo.. This shows as bigger than the new moto x, i think...
825e52a7af1f19e579b2140733fa5955.jpg